Thursday, September 7, 2017

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

At 9pm last night Teresa told me she was tired and going to bed.  I told her it’s too early for me and I started watching a TV series.  I guess she got busy with a few phone calls until my program ended at 10pm.  I took 2 sleeping pills and we went to bed.  I fell asleep quickly but was awakened by a car alarm at 3:30am.  Teresa asked me what time it is and I said “3:30”.  She said “5:30?”  I said “no, 3:30”.  At 4pm I was still awake and I heard voices talking outside.  At 4:45 Teresa got up and I believe I fell back asleep shortly after that.  I finally woke/got up at 7:30 feeling pretty good.

I watched the first 45 minutes of the Today show and went to the gym.  I saw the blind guy there again today and Jose told me what happened to him.  Someone stole his motorcycle and even though he gave it up without a struggle the thief shot him 5 times including once in the head.  Yikes!  Because of the head shot he lost his sight.  Jose believes he’s about 28 years old.  I did all my exercises in 2 hours.

I checked MBE online and it says they processed 4 of my documents between August 29th and September 5th.  I’ve been notified of one in Medellin but now I’ll wait for the other 3 before visiting them.

Laura texted me at 1:10 that she’s at her grandmother’s house.  I told her if she wants pizza from Papa Johns to come here post haste.  She showed up at 1:45 and we both changed clothes as we decided to go directly from Papa Johns to El Tesoro.

Laura complained about how hot it was outside so instead of walking all the way (12 blocks?) we walked downtown and took a bus to Papa Johns.  We shared an individual Pomodoro pizza and a 22 oz Coke for me and a 16 oz Coke for Laura.  The total came to 22,700 ($7.50).  Since we shared a small individual pizza I told her we could get something else to eat at the mall.

We walked across the street and quickly caught a taxi to El Tesoro.  I first stopped at Citibank but it didn’t work on 2 tries.  We went downstairs where I knew there was a bank of Bancolombia ATMs and when we got there I realized they were removed to make space for the new Starbucks.  I finally withdrew enough cash for the day from an ATH Banco de Bogota ATM.  We stopped at a small bakery where Laura had a cheese pastry and small coffee.

We arrived on time for our appointment.  I got my last 2 procedures to my upper teeth.  I asked Dr. Rendon again what the procedure is called and this time I wrote it down - Cervical Restoration or Type 5 Restoration with Composite.  After Laura got her teeth cleaned the charge was 220,000 ($72) for me and 155,000 ($52) for Laura.  I decided to start work, same procedure, on some of my lower teeth so I scheduled my next appointment for Monday, October 2nd at 4pm.

We stopped in J&C Delicias where we got meals to go.

We quickly caught a taxi back to the apt.  On the way I saw dark ominous clouds towards the south but it wasn’t raining when we got back.

Teresa and Laura went to the gym for an hour.

Teresa and I were both very tired so again we went to bed at 10pm.


T-shirt of the day: Stop trying to make everybody happy.  You’re not alcohol!

No comments:

Post a Comment