Saturday, September 9, 2017

Thursday, September 7, 2017

Last night I took 2 sleeping pills and we went to bed at 10pm.  I fell asleep about 11pm.  I got up once at 2am, a second time at 5am, a third time at 5:45 to take an Excedrin Migraine, went back to bed finally getting up at 6:30.


It rained lightly most of the night.

I had my recurring dream (nightmare?) again about it being my move-in day in college.  It’s a huge university campus and I can’t find my dorm room.  There aren’t any toilets in my building so I have to go to a nearby building to pee and when I come back I can’t find my room.  Other times I’ve had a similar dream where I have to write a book report and I haven’t read the book.

I left the apt at 7:30 but the Citibank ATM said “I can’t do that right now” so I went to Servibanca with better results.

I had breakfast (calentao and coffee) at Carbon de Leña for 8,500 pesos ($3), paid the Direct TV and epm bills for September, and stopped at Exito where I bought a head of lettuce and new toothbrush.

American football begins tonight – Yay! – with the Kansas City Chiefs vs the New England Patriots.  The game starts at 7:30 and it’s on Direct TV (with local coverage in Spanish naturally).

I left the apt at 10:45, quickly caught a bus to the metro, got off at Industriales station, took the Metro Plus (elongated bus with dedicated lanes) and got off at Rosales Station.

I rented a bicycle with my Civica card and headed south down Avenida 70.  I must have been parallel to the airport although I didn’t see any runways.  I did see a waterpark called Aeroparque.  This area is where I believe the Pope will be this Saturday and there was noticeable police presence with barriers on the side that could be moved later to block off street access.

I pedaled back to where I started, crossed the street and followed the trail east to Carrera 65 then north to Metro Station SurAmericana then west to Estacion Estadio.  I returned my bike then walked to Obelisco mall where I found 3 stores that sell the Bi-Pro protein powder that we take after our workouts.  I’ll probably be stopping there next week as it’s less expensive to buy it there.

I walked back to El Viejo y El Pancake where I had a leisurely lunch of eggs over easy, hash browns, sausage and orange juice.

I took the metro back to Envigado and noticed it was raining starting with the 3rd to last stop.  A lot of people were waiting in the station for the rain to stop – or perhaps lesson.  I stopped and bought a kilo of strawberries and the rain changed from hard to very hard while I was waiting.  My jeans from the knees down and my back got soaked.  I caught a bus to Parque Envigado and by the time I got off the rain had stopped.  Just like Colombia!

I was back at the apt by 2:30.

I received an email from MBE (this time in Spanish) that I have another document waiting for pickup.  I think I figured out what most of these are – confirmations of my change of address request.

There was a lot of talk about the New England Patriots going 16-0 this year.  I watched the game until 10:30 and when I went to bed in the 4th quarter it was Kansas City Chiefs 24 New England Patriots 23.

T-shirt of the day: Spilling your beer; the adult equivalent of letting go of a balloon.

No comments:

Post a Comment