Sunday, September 24, 2017

Saturday, September 23, 2017

Last night I took 2 sleeping pills and went to bed at 10:15.  I woke up once at 4am and checked my watch again a few seconds later and it was 5:30.  I woke up at 7am when I heard the leaf blowers and got up briefly to take half an Excedrin Migraine to clear my fuzzy eyes and help ward off the slightly scratchy throat I was feeling.  I finally got up at 7:15.

About 10:15 I’m waiting for Teresa to get off her call to Vicky so I can take her phone to get it registered in her name.  Finally she got disconnected and I took that opportunity to switch her phone with mine. 

I left the apt and first stopped at Gana where I added 20mil to my cellphone for her use.  I caught a bus and got off at Premium Plaza mall and walked up to the 3rd floor to the Clara office.  It was almost dead and I only had to wait a couple minutes.

When it was my turn I handed the young lady (who didn’t speak English) the new cellphone, my Cedula, Teresa’s Cedula, and the purchase receipt for the cellphone.  I told her the phone is a gift for my girlfriend and that I want it registered in her name.

She turned on the phone and checked a few things inside and then told me the SIM card inside isn’t registered in my name or Teresa’s.  I told her I bought the phone recently together with the SIM card and I didn’t know why I wouldn’t be in my name.  She told me I could buy a new SIM card there for 5mil so I agreed.  She went to the printer and picked up a sheet a paper and disappeared around the corner for a minute.  Shortly after she came back she stapled a few pages together and told me to go to the cashier.  After paying 5mil I came back with the papers stamped and gave them back to the rep.  She put a new SIM card into the phone and registered it in Teresa’s name with a new phone number.  She gave me the old SIM card back, told me it would be registered in 2-3 days and I left.  Outside I quickly caught an Envigado bus.

I got off by Envios Market and walked up the hill to Parque Lleras looking for a Velvet Café that’s supposed to have great carrot cake.  Of course I took the long way around finding the location.  It turned out the address is right next to Ay Caramba but it’s a hotel.  I didn’t ask if the café was inside.  (Back at the apt I checked their website and it looks like I was off by a block.  Despite what the signs said I must have been on Carrera 37A instead of Carrera 37.)

I walked back down to Parque Poblado and walking to the nearest bus stop I thought I heard a woman speaking English to a man.  I got on the bus and walking to the back I saw the same couple in the rear.  Because of the hat he was wearing I asked him how Texas is doing.  He told me they haven’t been there in a few years.  They live in Costa Rica and are visiting Ecuador and Medellin to decide where they want to live next.  We talked for a bit and then I got off at Oviedo mall.

At Starbucks I had a slice of carrot cake and small vanilla latte for about $6.  I took my time consuming them while I ate my snack.  I stopped in Cueva de Quesos where I bought a bag of sesame seed bagels. 

I was soon on a bus back to Envigado.  Back at the apt Laura was there but Teresa was visiting with her mom.  Laura put the old SIM card in the phone and told me it wasn’t important so I put the new one in my files.

About 2pm Laura ordered some lunch for us from Frisby.  While waiting for it I went to the corner store and added 20mil to my cellphone for Teresa, 4 bags of milk and a 1.5 liter bottle of Coke for my game tomorrow.

Laura and I heard something ringing and on the 2nd call we found my cellphone in the guest bedroom.   Teresa hadn’t taken it with her after all.  It was Calvin Alexander of Medellin 4 Less and I told him about the finca.  I told him it would be best if he called back in a few months after we get it painted and talk to Teresa.

Just after the food arrived ($1 delivery charge) it started raining.

Just after 3pm I found The Walking Dead on Direct TV.  They are showing episodes over the next 6 hours but look at the order:
Season 5, episode 2
Season 5, episode 3
Season 5, episode 5
Season 5, episode 16
Season 6, episode 11
Season 7, episode 1
I’ve seen all but the last 2 so we’ll see if I’m able to watch them over whatever Teresa wants to see.

This week the Colombian Peso closed at 2,905 to the US Dollar.

Teresa came back, made me a toasted ham & cheese sandwich and soup for herself.  She told me the woman that will care for her mother only works during the day.  I understand Martha will stay with her tonight and tomorrow it’s Teresa’s turn.  Teresa headed back to her apt but will return by 10 or 11pm.


Funny Veterinarian signs: What do you call a dog magician?  A labracadabrador.

No comments:

Post a Comment