Monday, August 14, 2017

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Last night I took my sleeping pills and went to bed at 10:30.  I fell asleep rather quickly but got up 3-4 times during the night.

Omg.  I found my envelope.  Teresa had put it away with my iPad.  I quickly filled out the IRS form, put it in the envelope and I’ll take it to MBE when my iPod arrives for pickup.

I took a short nap from 11am to 11:45 so I think I got a few needed minutes of sleep.

Today’s a beautiful day – sunny and warm but not overly hot.
Teresa and I left the apt for her 1:30 manicure & pedicure.  My appointment was supposed to be at 3pm but I guess there was an opening as I was taken right away.  This time it took over an hour (90 minutes) for mine and 2 hours for Teresa’s and it only cost 48,000 pesos – plus we tipped each of the girls 2,000 pesos.

I was able to get an Envigado wifi connection so when I had my hands free I was able to do some tactics on chess.com.  At least until my cell phone battery died.

The Colombian Peso closed for the week at 2,973 to the US dollar; still pretty high.

Teresa and I left the apt at 5:45, walked down to Exito where Teresa spent over an hour picking out and trying on tops for the gym.  She didn’t find anything but she did find 3 different colored tops for me for only $5 apiece.  I found a large bottle of Smuckers strawberry preserves that I had to pick up (I don’t find the large bottles that often) and a package of butter popcorn for next Saturday night’s Bears game.  We also picked up fixings to make hot sandwiches and were back at the apt by 8pm.

Teresa made hot ham sandwiches with the bread I bought a few days ago and they were really good.

I completed 25 minutes on Chess Magnet School and I’m now 24% towards my next promotion.


T-shirt of the day: If you are agitated and confused…my work here is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment