Friday, August 25, 2017

Thursday, August 24, 2017

Last night was the worst yet.  I took 3 cannabis drops and went to bed at 11:15.  Every once in a while I checked my watch and the last time I recall it was 2:22am.  I finally fell asleep some time later (3am? 3:30am?), waking up at 6:30 and getting up at 7:45.

We received a letter from the real estate agency.  I believe it said that according to our contract we have to give 3 months advance notice before moving out of our existing apartment.  It might be stricter than that – it’s possible we can only move out on May 1st and we’d have to notify them by February 1st.


I watched the first hour of the Today show and left the apt at 10:15.

I walked down to the metro and waited 5 minutes for the next train.  At the San Antonio station I transferred to the west line and got off at Estacion Estadio.  I rented a bicycle using my Civica card, took a path south to Estacion Suramerica then headed south.  I turned around when I got to Calle 33.  I made a side trip to the chess league office.  They have a 7-round tournament coming up from September 6th to the 11th but I think it’s too strong for me so I’m going to skip this one.  Plus I don’t want to miss any Bears games.  The whole route took me about and hour.  I checked my bicycle in at the Stadium Station and walked over to El Viejo y El Pancake for lunch.  I had 2 eggs over easy, hash browns (which take 30 minutes to prepare), sausage, and orange juice for 10,500 pesos (about $3.50).

I walked back to the Stadium but they didn’t have any bicycles to rent.  I walked the other direction over to Calle 44 where there is an automated bicycle stand.  The machine asked for my Pin number and I entered the number I usually use but it didn’t accept it.  It said I have to go online and reset my pin.  I walked back to the Stadium where I took the metro back to Envigado.  It was raining lightly as I exited the station.  I stopped in the rain and bought a kilo (2.2#) of strawberries for 12,000 pesos (about $4).  I was back at the apt by 3pm and MT was visiting.

About 5:30 Teresa prompted me to have a bowl of cereal with banana slices.  Afterwards she told me she wants to go out for pizza.  What?  Talk about bad timing.

I tried to update my pin online with Encicla but I kept getting a circular reference.  I guess I’m going to have to go back to Alpujarra to see what’s going on.

At one point Teresa said “Imaginate” and I asked Laura what that means in English.  She translated it to “go figure” but I don’t think that is exactly right.  I think “imagine!” might be closer to the right meaning.

I solved puzzles on Chess Magnet School for 30 minutes and I’m 18% towards my next promotion to Commodore (17/21).

T-shirt of the day: A friend tricked me into going to Wimbledon by telling me it was a men’s singles event.

No comments:

Post a Comment