Friday, August 11, 2017

Thursday, August 10, 2017

Last night I took my sleeping pills and went to bed at 10:30.  It took me quite a while to fall asleep.  I got up twice during the night finally waking/getting up at 8am.

I watched the first hour of the Today show and left the apt at 10:30, walked to Todo Drogas where I asked if they had Immodium and again was told no.  I asked for Loperamida which is its scientific name and was given 6 tablets for 1,100 pesos (about 35 cents).

I stopped at Exito where I picked up a number of things – enough to pack the GFS bag my brother had given me.  The line was long so it took about 15 minutes to check out.  I walked across the street where I bought a fresh ripe avocado for 4,000 pesos (about $1.35).
I tried taking a nap from 11:30 to 12:30 but didn’t really fall asleep.

I received an email from MBE that they have moved to a new location at Carrera 43A #23-40 which, for me, is about 14 blocks further away.  I can still get to it, and back, by the same bus, it’s just that I don’t think there will be anything else around that location that I’d be interested in.

If I understand their email correctly, I have 2 choices: 1. Continue with my current MBE Miami mailing address but have to pick up my mail at a location further away, or 2. Change my Miami mailing address to the new company so I can continue to pick up my mail at the same location.

I understand with Laura’s studies she’s too busy to go to the gym so she’ll probably be cancelling her membership.  Teresa had some words with her about that so I’m not sure if she’s going to continue for this month only or not cancel at all.

Besides Medellin Living there’s a new online newspaper in town – Medellin GURU.  I posted some of their articles today.

I received an email from Robert Grimes, the Texan I met last Friday.  He suggested we meet again and we agreed on lunch next Thursday.

Just before logging in to my Slingbox I did another speed test and got 9.10 download and 2.18 upload.

At 6:30 Teresa and Laura headed for the gym.  I went to the corner store and bought a bottle of Coke. 

At 5 minutes to 7pm I put my last package of popcorn in the microwave.

I watched the Chicago Bears 1st preseason game vs the Denver Broncos and our 1st round pick QB Mitch Tribusky played more than a half and the best compliment I can give him is that he didn’t look at all like a rookie.  He couldn’t quite pull off the final winning drive and we lost 24-17 but he finished with a QB rating of 103.1.  I can’t remember the last time a Bears QB had a rating that high.

As far as my Slingbox connection, it was near perfect except for the end of the 3rd quarter where it started buffering and I had to do a disconnect and reconnect.


T-shirt of the day: I didn’t make it to the gym today.  (That makes 5 years in a row.)

No comments:

Post a Comment