Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Monday, October 16, 2017

Last night I took my sleeping pills at 10:30 and went to bed.  I fell asleep quickly and even though I got up 2-3 times during the night I always fell back asleep quickly, finally waking/getting up at 8:15.  (Now that sounds like I slept for almost 10 hours but I probably wouldn’t need that much if it was continuous deep sleep.)
Today is another holiday here.

I watched the first 45 minutes of the Today show and left for the gym.  I did all my lower body exercises in 50-55 minutes.  (Because of the holiday there wasn’t much street traffic but the gym was packed.)

I did a quick budget analysis and found that we’ll have to wait until January to have enough cash to have the finca painted.  (We have my visa renewal next month and Laura’s tuition payment in December.)  Of course that could change if Teresa finds a renter or buyer for the finca in the meantime.

I left the apt at 2pm and met Chuck at Bartolos where we had a drink.  He wanted to do something different so we took a taxi to Parque Sabaneta.  It was very crowded and we couldn’t find a free table in the park itself.   We walked around a few blocks, up to the Exito and back down to a bakery where we finally caught a lucky break and got a table.  He had a double black coffee and I had a churro with a café con leche.  There was some type of a religious parade going on that went right down the main street next to us.  I told him about my brother wanting to visit the coffee region next year when he visits and Chuck recommended Manizales, Armenia, and Parera (sp?).  We took a taxi back to Envigado park and said goodbye.  I told him I’ll probably be busy Tuesday and Thursday.

I stopped at Exito where I picked up a few things and was back at the apt shortly after 6pm.

Teresa told me she wants to go to the finca and check out the “pipes” whatever that refers too.  She said she wants to leave like 7am in the morning so I don’t know if that’s going to happen for me.

At 9:45 I took about a 0.3mg melatonin and went to bed at 11pm.  Teresa told me that she wasn’t able to get in touch with “someone” by phone so she’s not going to the finca tomorrow.  Notice no sleeping pills, more on that tomorrow.


Funny grammar errors: Every time you make a typo, the errorists win.

No comments:

Post a Comment