Saturday, January 1, 2022

Friday, December 31, 2021

Recovery Day #189!

New Years Eve!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once during the night, didn’t hear Teresa come to bed, woke up at 6am, did my Kegel exercises, catnapped until finally getting up for real at 7am.

I left the apt at 9:15 and texted Marcos I was on my way. He texted back that he forgot all about our get-together so I said we’ll make it another time. I texted Glenn but he was breakfasting at Sere. I walked to Ganso y Castor where I had their French toast.

Teresa called me from Viva Envigado and we are going to meet up a little later so I returned to the apt. A few minutes later she called and told me to meet her at the porteria because we need to go to El Tesoro. (My favorite place .)

I went downstairs and she arrived a few minutes later in a taxi. At El Tesoro she looked high and low for a dress. She has a nice figure, but she keeps finding these simple cotton tent dresses (800mil). (It’s the fashion she says.) I nixed her choice and she soon found something much more fashionable at Manitu for 1,400,000 ($350). (Every time we enter that store it costs me money 😊). She checked out a number of other stores looking for a special bra and a pair of shoes. We had lunch in Natto Bowls. I understood Laura & Lenny were on the way. Teresa did quite a bit more shopping


Is this a big dog or a small horse? Lol.

 and we finally met up with them when it was time to leave.

I used Didi to request a car but got nothing after a 10-minute wait. I tried InDriver (first time) and bid 20mil (for what was probably a 12mil ride) and got lots of offers. I took the closest driver who was supposedly 2 minutes away but the app only showed an address as to where to meet. (Didi usually suggests the entrance my Mac Center or Carulla/Torre Medica.) I got Laura to call the driver and request we meet outside Carulla and he was already there when we arrived. (In the future if I want to avoid El Tesoro’s long taxi lines I’ll just have to use InDriver and make an outlandish bid.)

We were back at the apt by 4:15. Lenny and Laura left about 5:15 and then Teresa and I took a nap until about 6:45.

At 8:30 Teresa asked me to call for a car to take us to the Dann Carlton. I figured I’d use InDriver because I could bid 20mil for a 10mil ride and not have any problem getting a car. On the app I entered our location, our destination and my bid but then it said it wanted to take my photo for security purposes. I held it up and it guided me to the correct position but then said it couldn’t detect my face. Lol. I tried several more times with the same result. Teresa was impatient so instead of trying Didi she asked me to ask Laura to send us a car which I did.

We arrived at the Dann Carlton and they showed us the nighttime view from their room. We went up to the revolving restaurant Tony Roma’s where we were seated at a table between the singer and the buffet. Fyi, the cost was 399,000 pesos per person ($100).

From the buffet I had a slice of ham, mashed potatoes, pasta and thin slices of beef. I ordered a Coke from the bar. Later I went back for a few pastries. Service was very good.

A few couples danced but not a lot.



At midnight we could see fireworks from the western hills of Medellin. I wished Happy New Year to my kids even though it was only 11pm in Chicago. I sure hope 2022 is better than 2021.

At 1am Laura called an Uber for us while I wished a 2nd Happy New Year to my kids.

There was no traffic and by 1:23am I was in bed.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 301,472 ð 346,767 ð 378,516 new cases and 1,207 ð 1,275 ð 1,242 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 6,326 ð 8,436 ð 10,401 new cases with 33 ð 35 ð 41 new deaths. Medellin has 1,419 ð 1,933 ð 1,905 new cases from December 30th to 31st. Envigado has 101 ð 146 ð 123 new cases from December 30th to 31st.

 

T-shirt of the day

Game over. Continue?

No comments:

Post a Comment