Monday, September 25, 2023

Saturday, September 2, 2023

Last night we went to bed at 11pm and I was quickly asleep but woke up at 1:30. I made a trip to the bathroom but couldn’t fall back asleep. I finished reading my Nook book, Paul Kix’ The Saboteur. When I returned to bed I quickly fell back asleep and didn’t wake up until 7am.

Teresa got up at 8am, we took our showers and were ready for the day.

I wanted to cable my laptop to the desk but I couldn’t get the padlock to open. Now it looks like I brought it for nothing.

It was about 10am when we stopped at a small local café called Melina for breakfast where she had a cheese omelet sandwich and I their American breakfast.


There was an ATM across the street so while waiting for our food I made a 600 Euro withdrawal.

My goal was to get her to Monastiraki (flea market) where prices would be cheaper. Walking down the hill we first entered Plaka, the more expensive area, and it seemed Teresa visited every store looking for dresses (and purses and shoes). She found a beautiful blue dress I liked better than any other dress she has and it only cost €85 ($91).

We eventually arrived at Monastiraki where we had lunch in a restaurant named Kylamino.





They had menus in English and Spanish. (Later I looked at their rack and they also had French, German and Russian.) Teresa ordered a “vegetable” salad and I their stuffed pepper and tomato. Delicious! We shared a bottle of water and the total was €27.

On our way to Monastiraki, and coming back, we were “treated” to the same scene, a muscle-bound guy (apparently gay) wearing only a speedo-type swimming suit riding a bicycle quickly down the street. 😊

We walked down a side street and found a Starbucks. We decided to rest there awhile and took a seat on the 1st floor near the serving area.

Before we left I went up a level looking for the restroom. With my peripheral vision I noticed a group of people apparently helping an old lady sit or get up. Around the corner I asked, “where’s the bathroom?”, and heard, “Uncle Terry, I’d recognize that voice anywhere”. It was my niece Eleni. That’s when I found out the old lady was Auntie Diane and gathered around her were her son Chris and his husband Mark all helping her move into a wheelchair.

We chatted a bit knowing we’d be meeting up again in a few days.

Teresa bought another dress and purse in Donna Del Mare for €159 ($173.05).

Later in the day we were in a store called Awatari where Teresa bought a purse for €46.

Later Teresa decided she didn’t like her purse so she wants to exchange it tomorrow.

We had dinner again at Zorbas.



 

Twitter ‘Hall of Fame’ Posts





No comments:

Post a Comment