Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Monday, September 4, 2023

A PAINTER’S HOUSE IN PLAKA TO ATHENIAN RIVIERA HOTEL & SUITES

WELCOME DINNER

Last night we went to bed at 11pm, slept pretty good getting up at 7:15.

Now Jimmy’s flight has been delayed twice for a total of 3 ½ hours.

Laura got on another flight to Lisbon, then Barcelona, then on to Athens. Today is Laura’s 25th birthday. What a way to celebrate it, on a long-haul flight to Greece.

Teresa and I found another café for breakfast called Café Plaka just down the road from café Melina where Teresa had an omelette and I had a waffle with caramelized apples.





Checkout was at 11am and someone else would be moving into our room, so we packed everything up and stored it in room #7, which appears to be an apt for the cleaning lady.

A quick look at our rooms:






I had a green iced tea at Melina until 2pm when I had an Uber take us to our hotel, Athenian Riviera Hotel & Suites in Vouliagmeni. We had a light lunch on their outdoor patio.

Laura texted us that she arrived in Athens but her suitcase was still in Barcelona. ☹ When she finally arrived at the hotel she just had a bite to eat in their restaurant and went right to bed.

Laura borrowed one of Teresa’s dresses for tonight. About 7pm we took an Uber to the restaurant Panorama, 4 Lliou, Vouliagmeni, which was right on the Aegean Sea.

Jeannie & Jacob:



Teresa and I:



Me with my daughter Jeannie and son Jimmy:





As we entered, I saw a young man and I thought, “that must be Jacob’s brother” because he looked just like him but with more facial hair. 😊 It was, but Jacob thinks they don’t look anything similar.

I met Jacob’s family, mother, father, brothers and friends. Waiters served traditional Greek food family style. We mixed and mingled and I eventually introduced Teresa to Diane’s caregiver who is from El Salvador so they could converse in Spanish.

We finally left around midnight and got to bed by 12:30.

 

Twitter ‘Hall of Fame’ Posts



 

 

2 comments:

  1. Waiting to hear more :) I hope all is well with you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terry, are you okay? I miss your blog. Internet issues again??
    Jack Williams

    ReplyDelete