Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Monday, September 4, 2023

A PAINTER’S HOUSE IN PLAKA TO ATHENIAN RIVIERA HOTEL & SUITES

WELCOME DINNER

Last night we went to bed at 11pm, slept pretty good getting up at 7:15.

Now Jimmy’s flight has been delayed twice for a total of 3 ½ hours.

Laura got on another flight to Lisbon, then Barcelona, then on to Athens. Today is Laura’s 25th birthday. What a way to celebrate it, on a long-haul flight to Greece.

Teresa and I found another café for breakfast called Café Plaka just down the road from café Melina where Teresa had an omelette and I had a waffle with caramelized apples.





Checkout was at 11am and someone else would be moving into our room, so we packed everything up and stored it in room #7, which appears to be an apt for the cleaning lady.

A quick look at our rooms:






I had a green iced tea at Melina until 2pm when I had an Uber take us to our hotel, Athenian Riviera Hotel & Suites in Vouliagmeni. We had a light lunch on their outdoor patio.

Laura texted us that she arrived in Athens but her suitcase was still in Barcelona. When she finally arrived at the hotel she just had a bite to eat in their restaurant and went right to bed.

Laura borrowed one of Teresa’s dresses for tonight. About 7pm we took an Uber to the restaurant Panorama, 4 Lliou, Vouliagmeni, which was right on the Aegean Sea.

Jeannie & Jacob:



Teresa and I:



Me with my daughter Jeannie and son Jimmy:





As we entered, I saw a young man and I thought, “that must be Jacob’s brother” because he looked just like him but with more facial hair. 😊 It was, but Jacob thinks they don’t look anything similar.

I met Jacob’s family, mother, father, brothers and friends. Waiters served traditional Greek food family style. We mixed and mingled and I eventually introduced Teresa to Diane’s caregiver who is from El Salvador so they could converse in Spanish.

We finally left around midnight and got to bed by 12:30.

 

Twitter ‘Hall of Fame’ Posts



 

 

2 comments:

  1. Waiting to hear more :) I hope all is well with you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terry, are you okay? I miss your blog. Internet issues again??
    Jack Williams

    ReplyDelete