Friday, November 25, 2016

Thursday, November 24th, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

I slept well getting up at 8:45am.  Teresa had already left for another Torre Intermedica appointment with her mother.  She was back by 10:30.
Teresa, Laura and I left the apt at 11am and we waited about 10 minutes for a bus.  Teresa learned that I had learned to buy Integrado (combo) tickets for only 2,500 pesos each that paid for both the bus and the metro.

We got to El Viejo y El Pancake and as we approached I was surprised to see no one was sitting there.  I half expected we would have to wait our turn.  David, the owner, said he had lots of customers earlier in the morning.  For 30,000 pesos each (about $10) we got white meat turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, GRAVY, a dinner roll, fruit salad, and drink.  Everything was very tasty and Teresa especially raved about how good it was.

We said goodbye to Laura who I understood worked nearby.  She had looked at the breakfast menu and thought she would stop for lunch some day.

Retracing our steps on the metro, in San Antonio station we watched 2 trains go by waiting for an Orange train but none came (probably because it wasn’t close enough to rush hour) and all the trains were crowded, but not quite cattle car crowded.

At the Envigado station at Teresa’s insistence we took a taxi for 5,000 pesos instead of a bus and walking for 4,000 pesos.

Back at the apt we both collapsed for a nap although I didn’t sleep just closed my eyes and rested.

In reviewing my 1st game from yesterday the computer showed me a spot where I could have gotten a free knight at the least or his queen for a rook at best.  Sigh!  I attribute the miss to being under time pressure but I know I need to work more on my tactics.

I watched the end of the Vikings vs Lions football game on Slingbox but then about 5pm a lightning storm came through and we disconnected everything for about an hour.

I watched some Thanksgiving night football.

Just before bedtime Teresa informed me that soon we wouldn’t have water as she was filling bowls.


T-shirt of the day: Let’s rock all night.

No comments:

Post a Comment