Monday, November 7, 2016

Sunday, November 6th, 2016

I decided this morning to take a military shower.  I turned on the water long enough to get myself wet all over, turned it off, soaped up a washcloth, washed myself, shampooed my hair, and then turned the water back on long enough to rinse myself.  Brrrr!

I think the US changed back to standard time so now all my usual noon NFL starts will be at 1pm.

We left the apt at 11:30, picked up MT at her apartment and attended church near her place.  Afterwards we were walking her back to her apt when I heard a gringo speaking broken Spanish.  I asked where he is from and he said Arkansas.  I told him I’m from Chicago.  His name is David and when I told him my name he got excited because he’s a reader of my blog.  He walked with us as far as Wilson’s bar.  I gave him my “business card” with my name, email address, and phone number and hurried to catch up with the ladies.

We were walking 3 abreast and I noticed a man behind us that probably wanted to pass us on the narrow sidewalk.  I stepped in front of the ladies and as the guy passed us I noticed he was very tall.  I asked how tall he was and he said 6’ 7”.  He said he was from Canada, had been there 2 weeks and will be staying another year. 

On the metro train we noticed it was raining.  We got off at the Industriales station and waited about 10 minutes for the rain to lessen.  We walked to the west side and caught a taxi that took us back to the east side to Mercado del Rio at Calle 24 #48-28.  (It was probably walking distance from the station if you know where you’re going.)  We walked around the place and it is like a large indoor food court with just about any kind of food imaginable.  I stopped at Piara Costillas where I had hickory smoked ribs (5 ribs) with coleslaw, French fries and a Pepsi for 29,500 (about $10).  They were very tasty – maybe the best I’ve had in Medellin.  The ladies went to another station where they had paella.  I guess we got separated because I didn’t see them again until we had all finished eating.  I had them save my seat while I went to another station (Al Alma) where I bought an almond crescent roll for 5,800 pesos (about $2).  It wasn’t as good as what I used to get at Deerfield Bakery but it was close.  The ladies had a taste but weren’t impressed so they went to another station for ice cream.  I had a taste of Teresa’s and I was pretty sure it was orange sherbet.

For some reason the ladies wanted to go to El Tesoro.  Hey, we were just there yesterday.  They went and I took a taxi back to the apt so I could watch some Sunday football.

I received an email from David so I suggested we meet at a bakery for coffee.  I received another email from Yahoo that someone tried to access my account from Russia using a mobile device.

I watched a few hours of NFL Redzone until Teresa came home.  I understand her mother bought lots of things at Zara but Teresa didn’t buy anything.

More rain this evening.


T-shirt of the day: Go all in.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Terry,

    Howz by you . . . ? Hope you get some hot water back asap!

    So, what was that 'piella' that you say Teresa & her mamá ate? Was that a yellow rice casserole with seafood? From your spelling I am wondering whether what it was was 'paella', a well-liked Spanish (de España) dish.

    Just curious.

    Paul M.
    ==

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops. My bad! Yes, it was paella; I'll fix the spelling in my blog posting. I was first introduced to this dish when my 1st wife's sister was married to a Cuban and his family would invite us over for paella every Christmas Eve. I don't eat seafood so I guess I missed out on that "treat". Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How come someone from Arkansas speaks broken English? Isn´t it when a foreign person speaks bad English?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should have said broken Spanish. If I said English I'll fix it. thx.

    ReplyDelete