Sunday, November 6, 2016

Saturday, November 5th, 2016

In the shower I realized because we don’t have any working gas lines, that means no more hot showers.  It was a quick shower.

MT arrived at 9am and we left the apt for El Poblado and her 9:40 doctor’s appointment.  The ladies got out at Torre Medica and I continued on to Hotel Diez.  I walked around to the other side to the Bancolombia office but found it closed on Saturdays.  I walked down to MBE where I picked up my “documents” – my November Chess Life magazine.  Wow, that came early this month!  Maybe because the world championship match will be held in NY at the end of this month.

I walked back to Torre Medica and had a muffin and coffee while I waited for the ladies.  I finished Richard Shirreff’s War with Russia and downloaded Clive Cussler’s Raise the Titanic!.  The ladies wanted something from El Tesoro so we took a taxi to the mall.  They bought something at Fedco, looked at sales at Zara and we took a taxi back to Envigado.

I walked over to the paper store where I had some more papers copied to my flash drive as pdf files then I stopped at Exito and picked up a few things. 

Back at the apt I dropped off the few groceries.  A few minutes later I left for lunch.  At Carbón de Leña I had a Caesar salad and ordered fish to go for Teresa.  It was raining while I was there but stopped by the time I left.
Back at the apt a few minutes later it rained hard for quite a while which cooled the place off enough that I changed into my warmup outfit.
The Colombian Peso closed at 3,061 to the Dollar.

I was playing an interesting game of chess on chess.com when it suddenly said that I lost due to being disconnected.  Because of the heavy rain, without telling me, Teresa disconnected the main wire that not only is for the TV but also the wifi.  I just asked her in the future to let me know before she disconnects it.

We watched Looper (7.4) on Netflix.


T-shirt of the day: High maintenance.

No comments:

Post a Comment