Friday, April 7, 2017

Thursday, April 6, 2017

Last night it took about an hour to fall asleep but I didn’t wake up until 6:30.  I finally gave up and got up at 7am.

I watched a little of the Today show and left the apt at 9:20.  I caught a bus after only a 2 minute wait.  I arrived at Estacion Estadio at 10am, 30 minutes early, but still Jose was there.  We walked over to The Town Barber Shop where I got a haircut (minor shearing) for 18,000 pesos. 

We walked to the chess league where we checked out a chess set with my Civica card and we played 3 games while the secretary was on her lunch break.  I won 1, lost 1 and there was 1 draw.  We also analyzed our games at various stages.  Jose is going to play in an 8-round chess tournament starting next week so I might drop by sometime to see how he’s doing.  His schedule for April is:
12th – 6:30pm
13th – 9am & 3pm
14th – 9am & 3pm
15th – 9am & 3pm
27th – 9am

We walked over to El Viejo y El Pancake arriving at 2:10 and found they closed at 2pm.  They are now back to their previous days open in that they are closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.  They now serve breakfast all day and also lunch starting at 11am.

We walked down Avenida Setenta (70) looking for Opera Pizza (unfortunately I had left their address back in the apt).  We settled on Medellin Burger Company and we each had their American Burger with fries and a Pepsi.  The total came to about 58,000 pesos ($20).

We walked down Avenida Setenta and at San Juan, Jose helped me check out a bicycle from their automated station using my Civica card and pin number.  The bike was a sturdy basic girls model with 3 speeds and hand brakes and a basket mounted in the front.  We said goodbye and 5 minutes later I was at Estacion Estadio where I returned the bike.  I was back at Parque Envigado by 4:30.  (Today I noticed the (integrated) charge for the bus with my Civica card was 550 pesos.)  I added 50mil to our cell phone and bought 2 bags of milk at the corner store.

Wow!  I just found a website called MobileRecharge.com where it appears I can add money to our cell phone from my laptop.  Fine print: there’s a $1.33 processing fee for adding $6.95 (20mil) to my cell phone.  That’s almost 20%.  Never mind!


T-shirt of the day: I’m sorry if I offended you with my common sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment