Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Monday, November 26, 2018


I woke up once at 6am, fell back asleep waking/getting up at 8:45.

I understand Teresa got up early for a blood draw at Nueve eps.

Teresa was on the phone with someone (I think a doctor) when I got up.

My cold is so bad I’m skipping gym today; maybe even the whole week; no sense passing my germs to everyone else.

In Sunday Night Football the Vikings beat the Packers 24-17; and I was hoping they would both lose.

Teresa went to get her hair and nails done so I made plans to meet Chuck for lunch and left the apt just after noon.

It looked like the north bound lanes (metro plus) of Avenida Poblado might be open.

At the park I stopped first at the copy center where I had a doctor’s order printed out for Teresa.

A friend of Chuck’s, named Jim, soon arrived and joined us.  Chuck and I had the lunch of the day and he paid for everything.  David arrived with his girlfriend Adriana And he asked if I remember him.  I said “no” but I remember your girlfriend.  Lol.  He said he doesn’t blame me for that.  We talked briefly and then they left.  I understand Chuck has another friend arriving at the airport tomorrow and if his plane isn’t late they are going to the Medellin Guru meet-up in Parque Lleras.

I excused myself just as his friend Mickey showed up.

I was back at the apt by 2pm.  I transferred the remainder of my savings to my checking account so we can withdraw it at an ATM later.  Teresa says we need 200mil today and 1,800,000 tomorrow for another test.

We left the apt about 2:30 and took a taxi in the rain to CediMed.  On the 13th floor she checked in and we were asked to wait back on the 3rd floor.  After awhile she was called to the back and she came out about 30 minutes later.  After about another 30 minute wait she received the test results which looked like a sonogram of someone’s pregnancy.  I think this was a test to see if cancer had spread to other organs.  I think everything looks good.  She showed me a card called Amigo and reported that we get a discount here using the card.  Too bad it isn’t accepted at Las Americas where we are going tomorrow.

Outside she had lunch across the street at Il Capuccino and I had a cafĂ© con leche and an apple cinnamon muffin.  I withdrew the last 600mil I have in the bank and we waited in line for about 20 minutes for a taxi back to the apt.

This time I told her I know how to get to our apt from Avenida Poblado so we don’t have to go out of our way down to Avenida Las Vegas and then come up the hill.

At the apt Esmeralda had just arrived and she joined us upstairs.  Teresa discussed her test results with her.  Esmeralda left about 7:30.

I understand we have another busy day ahead of us tomorrow starting at 9am.

I watched some of the Titans vs Texans game but quickly got bored.

I was looking at something on the internet and they had Cyber Week deals and I made the mistake of showing Laura some jackets.  From there we somehow got to Nordstroms and she saw what really expensive clothes look like.  Still she was having too much fun looking at all the clothes.

Joke of the day
One day, a man came home and was greeted by his wife dressed in a very sexy nightie. 'Tie me up,' she purred, 'and you can do anything you want.'
So he tied her up and went golfing.

No comments:

Post a Comment