Sunday, November 11, 2018

Saturday, November 10, 2018


I can’t remember if I got up only once or twice during the night.  I woke up at 6:30 with a mild cramp in my calf but it subsided quickly after a little massage.  I finally got up at 8am.

I left the apt just after 9am and walked up the hill to Avenida Poblado.  I caught an Envigado bus, traffic moved well and soon I got off at Clinica Medellin.  Inside Cedimed I withdrew 780,000 pesos from a Servibanca ATM which, as usual, included 2 10’s and all the rest 20’s.  Outside I took a bus up to Oviedo mall where I withdrew 320mil (2 10’s and the rest 50’s) from a Davivienda ATM (and I don’t think I was charged an ATM fee).  Back outside I soon caught a Sabaneta bus and I got off in Envigado across the street from the book store.  I exchanged paperbacks for 2,000 pesos.  (In the short time I was looking for a book and exchanging it I heard Bing Crosby’s Christmas in Killarney being played.  Lol!)

I stopped at the bakery where I had a café con leche and checked the news on my cellphone.

I stopped at a Gana store and added 20mil to my cellphone.

I stopped at the downtown Exito where I bought a container of the brand of eggs that Teresa prefers.

Feeling lazy, I took a bus from downtown Envigado to the top of the Buena Mesa area and walked back to the apt.

Teresa and I did some more googling on the internet and we finally found some information that set Teresa’s mind at ease.

About 2pm Teresa was out on the balcony when she informed me that one of our plants fell off the railing.  She sent me down with a plastic bag to pick up the pieces.    Unfortunately, it was a cactus.  Ouch!  (It was also misting slightly.)  I picked up all the pieces and put them in the bag and the porter showed me a garbage can where I could throw it away.  I took the pot back to Teresa but I hadn’t noticed it was broken.

I ordered some supplements online from GNC and eBay.

When we were coming out of the theater the other night they had a mural of the squirrel from Ice Age.  I asked Teresa if she knew who that was.  She said she didn’t so I just went on to Youtube and found Scrat: No Time for Nuts.  She loved it!

I wanted to do a test of my HDMI cable so I connected it to the TV and my laptop and played the Bohemian Rhapsody trailer and now Teresa wants to see the movie.  Some day soon I’m going to make a special trip to Monterrey and seen if they can cut off a 130cm section of my cable and add an HDMI connector to the end.

Then I got inspired and I watched Queen’s Live Aid concert on Youtube.

Laura came back about 9pm.  I understand she had a 1 ½ hour driving practice today and she got to experience driving automatic.  She said it’s so much easier.

I asked Laura if she would like me to go with her to the airport tomorrow.  She got excited and said yes.  We’ll probably leave about 9am and take 2 buses.  Since all she has is a carryon bag I think she only needs to be there an hour before her 12:15 flight.  That should give me enough time to return for my 1pm Bears game.

Joke of the day
One day an Englishman, a Scotsman, and an Irishman walked into a pub together. They each buy a pint of Guinness. Just as they were about to enjoy their creamy beverage, a fly landed in each of their pints, and were stuck in the thick foam. 
The Englishman pushed his beer away in disgust. The Scotsman fished the fly out of his beer and continued drinking it as if nothing had happened. The Irishman, too, picked the fly out of his drink, but then held it out over the beer and yelled, "SPIT IT OUT, SPIT IT OUT, YOU BASTARD!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment