Thursday, November 8, 2018

Wednesday, November 7, 2018


Last night I went to bed at 11pm, got up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 7:30.

Still no house internet but I see that the Democratic Party won back control of the House of Representatives.  (And Trump has already fired Jeff Sessions as Attorney General.)  Let the investigations begin!

Teresa and I left the apt at 10:15 and took a taxi to City Plaza.  She retrieved her mammography results and we went to one of the upper levels of the mall.  She sat on a couch and read her results while I made a withdrawal from a Davivienda ATM for a downpayment for my new visa I’m applying for tomorrow.

Teresa called a nurse friend of hers who reported that everything sounds okay but I think she needs to have a biopsy anyway.

We took a taxi to Deli Hoy where we had lunch.

Teresa informed me that a woman is coming tonight (5pm? 6pm? Don’t know.) to measure the windows for drapes for the balcony and the 2 smaller bedrooms.  I understand the vertical drapes in our bedroom can be cut down to size.

I asked Teresa about a movie tonight and I understand that Esmeralda (with Alejandro?) will be joining us at the mall and either the ladies will go shopping or join me for a movie.  This all depends on what time the blind lady (reminds me of a joke) leaves.

Bohemian Rhapsody (8.4) is playing in the IMAX Theater at 6:20 and 9:30 also at 6:50 and 8:05 (non Imax) and Peppermint (6.6) is playing at 6:40 and 9:10.  It appears both movies will still be here next week.

We walked back to the apt and found Laura working out (alone) in the gym in the common area building.

Teresa and I took a nap from 2 to 3pm.

Teresa just talked to the blind lady and she won’t be arriving until after Pico y Placa ends at 7pm.  (Pico y Placa is the daily restriction based on license plate number as to who can drive on the main roads.)  In that case the only time available to see the movie is at 9:10pm which means we won’t get out until about 11:15.

I checked my Cine Colombia app and it appears that both movies will still be here next week.

At 5pm Laura walked up to Percimon in La Buena Mesa and brought back frozen yogurt with all the fixings.

Today was another cool day although I didn’t see any threats of rain.

Laura came back at 5:15 with the yogurt.  I plugged in the hard drive with the movies Michael had given me and started Jerry Seinfeld’s episode The Hamptons.  Remember that episode is about shrinkage?  I had Laura watch it while she ate her ice cream.  It appears her English is good enough because I heard her laughing a lot. 

The blind lady called and said she’s on her way.  Teresa gave her our parking space number – 170 – and called the doorman to got permission for her to park there.

That was interesting.  As soon as the Clara, the blind lady arrived (with her assistant), the first thing she did was rearrange the living room, the dining room and the master bedroom.  (I have a feeling that she and Teresa are old friends.)  Then they sat around our dining room table and Teresa gave them Cokes and snacks.

After a few minutes they got up and measured all the windows and Teresa looked at a book of colors.

The total for the 3 curtains, drapes or blinds Teresa ordered is 1,120,000.  I gave her a downpayment of 200mil with another 300mil due on Saturday and the balance due in December.

I just shocked Teresa when I told her where Clara’s office is – right across the street where I have copies made.

Clara left at 7:15, we changed clothes, and left the apt at 7:30.  At the mall we took an eleavtor to the 2nd floor where I bought 3 preferred seating tickets for 4mil each to the 9:10 showing of Peppermint.  That was the 35th visit of 35 that I need to obtain my Platinum card but the cashier didn’t say anything.  (No bells or whistles went off and no streamers came down.)  I guess they have to update their system and I claim it next time.  I added 40mil to my account.

We went up to the food court and I thought we were going to Sr. Wok but Teresa walked past it to Sarku’s.  It was pretty busy but we found a table deep inside.

I ordered the orange chicken, Teresa some type of bowl and Laura had sushi – she loves sushi.

I wasn’t paying a lot of attention but at one point a young lady came in and took the table next to us.  She was closest to me and on my side so I could’t see her well.  About the time we were served she got up and handed a waiter something that looked like a check (bill) and walked out.  I wonder in all the time we were there if she never got any service.  That wouldn’t be right!

It was 9pm so we paid the bill of about 70mil and went downstairs to the theater where I bought a medium popcorn, medium soda and bottle of water for Laura for 18,200 leaving me with a balance of 49,850.

The movie was good with lots of action although a few scenes didn’t seem logical.  For example, early in the movie the heroine shoots a man in a car then with difficulty drags him out of the car and struggles to drag him to the trunk.  The camera then cuts away and we’re supposed to believe that she lifted that heavy dead weight body into the trunk.

The movie was over at 11am and we walked outside of Home Center where we caught a taxi back to the apt.  We were back by 11:15 and in bed by 11:30.



Joke of the day
Two avid fishermen, Jim and Jack, buy the same identical new fishing boat.
Every day for about a week Jim catches a lot of fish while Jack doesn’t catch any.  Finally Jack asks Jim “how it is that you’re catching so many fish when I can’t catch any?” 
Jim says “It’s easy.  When I wake up in the morning if my penis is lying on the left side of my body then I fish from the left side of the boat.  If my penis is lying on the right side of my body then I fish from the right side of the boat.” 
Jack asks “And what if it’s standing straight up?” 
Jim says, “Then I don’t fish!”

No comments:

Post a Comment