Monday, January 16, 2023

Sunday, January 15, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:45, got up once at 3:30, finally waking/getting up at 6:30.

What an interesting morning…

I left the apt at 8:45 and because of construction took the long way around to Smartfit. After waiting 10 minutes for a bus I was considering taking a taxi. A young lady was also waiting there so I asked her if she was waiting for a bus. “No”, she said. A minute later she asked in English where I’m going and I replied, “Parque Poblado”. I was about to offer to share a taxi with her if she was going in my direction when Charles Turner showed up. He asked me where I’m going and I replied, “Parque Poblado”. He told me he’s walking there and I should join him. I told him I’m too old to walk that far and I need to meet a friend there in 10 minutes in Sweet Georgia. Just then the bus arrived and I jumped on.

I arrived at 9:15, right on time, and they were open but Glenn wasn’t there. And they didn’t have the usual outside table set up. Just then Glenn showed up and a waitress explained that the heavy rain from last night damaged their roof and guys had just arrived to repair it. I figured we would be in the way so I suggested we go 5 blocks away to Hija Mia Nomada.

Just as we arrived a table came free so I grabbed it. Charles Turner called from Sweet Georgia asking what happened to us. I explained and gave him directions to our location. Carmen from Philly Steaks came by with a friend and we chatted for a while. We had only had a coffee at that point. I bought a medium size bag of strawberries for 20mil. Charles arrived and joined us at our table. Another gringo came by from NJ/Pittsburgh and we chatted with him. Charles gave me some advice regarding Santa Marta. He said Parque Tayrona has 60 miles of beach and we should be able to take a tour boat there. He also recommended we go from Rodadero to a town called Minca where they have lots of birds and a coffee tour. He also recommended a bus trip to La Quajita but that would be an overnight trip. Charles also mentioned he went on a Sunday about 2pm to California Buffet and it was great.

At that point we had been there 2 hours so we paid our bill and left. Charles went to take some photos of murals in Poblado but Glenn and I shared a taxi back to Envigado. He got out at Jumbo and I got out at a nearby bus stop. I stopped in Mercado Madrid where I bought a bag of Fab liquid detergent before returning to the apt.

Teresa called and informed me she’s in El Tesoro with her mother but all the dresses she’s seen are ugly.

I logged into NFL Game Pass to watch the Buffalo Bills vs Miami Dolphins game but it was in Spanish and I couldn’t figure out how to change it. On MTV I quickly found the game, in English.

Teresa called at 6:30 and told me she wanted to go to Olivia’s (her new favorite restaurant) for salmon. She called me back at 7pm, told me they near Euro and asked me to meet them at the porteria. She soon arrived and left some bags with the porteros and we (with MT) continued on by taxi to Olivia’s. They each had the salmon with ravioli and extra broccoli and avocado on the side while I had their long pasta with meatballs. The total check with tip came to 164,654 ($35) and put it on my charge card that I haven’t used in a while.

I called a Didi to pick us up, drop MT at her apt and then take us to ours for 18mil ($4).

Today I got in 3,165 steps.

 

Fun pix



No comments:

Post a Comment