Saturday, July 1, 2023

Friday, June 30, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:45pm, got up once during the night, again at 3:15, couldn’t fall back asleep so I took an allergy pill and got up at 3:30, worked on my computer until 4:30, finally waking/getting up at 8am.

I checked on my Swanson Vitamins order, forgot about them, and they were delivered June 8th to Miami. I had Gladis check and they are there with 2 other items “publicidad or revista” which I assume are chess magazines. I asked her to send them on.

It really bugs me when I know I have something but I can’t find it. A few years ago, I purchased a couple notebooks to record my games against Jose and now that my current notebook is filled I can’t find them. Until recently (2 years ago) I knew exactly where they were but then I moved them to a better place. 😊

Yesterday when I left the apt to take a Didi to the mall, I saw a woman sitting next to a small popcorn machine with the Movistar logo on it. Just after Teresa left I found this little slip under our door. About all I recognize is Fiber Optic Internet and the Movistar icon. Except we are in estrato 5 not estrato 1 or 2.




I left the apt at 9:30 and walked to the mall. I printed a couple travel confirmations, picked up a Gente newspaper and headed upstairs to the gym.

I saw a news article yesterday about how to lose 10-15 pounds of fat in 6-8 weeks. Her 12-3-30 workout is using a treadmill at 12% incline at 3 miles/hour for 30 minutes. Her 10-2-20 workout is a low-intensity version using the treadmill at 10% incline at 2 miles/hour for 20 minutes. Both are in addition to lifting weights 3 times a week.

Today on the treadmill, after my usual 6 minutes at velocity 4.4, I set the incline to 10% and 2 miles/hour (3 kilometers/hour) for just 1 minute. It’s something I might consider in the future.

I completed my workout in about 45 minutes then cooled down outside for a few more minutes.

After my shower I cooled down a few more minutes outside.

I went to the bank and after waiting in a line of about 10 people I paid the rent for the apt for the month. It was air conditioned inside so that helped. At Bancolombia I paid for the gym and health insurance using their consignacion machine.

Now it was already 11am but I went down to Urbania and had a latte. I left about noon, bought a large package of toilet paper in Exito and returned to the apt by taxi.

I emailed Dilamar at Greek-Cruises.com with the passport information for Teresa, Laura and I and our request for an outside cabin on deck 3 or 4. I think they’ll be asking for payment soon so I moved some cash from USAA to Capital One.

Teresa had a massage from 3:15 to 4:15.

We left at 5:20 and took a Didi to the mall. I made a last trip to the restroom, bought a Cine Combito for me and a bottle of water for Teresa for 20,700 pesos ($5). We shared the popcorn and I was able to get through the 2 ½ hour movie without a trip to the restroom. About the movie, I was going to give it 7 start out of 10 but a few surprises near and at the end raised it to 8 stars. Spoiler Alert: The plot was about recovering the Antikythera mechanism which is currently housed in the National Archaeological Museum in Athens, Greece.

We waited in line to return to the apt by taxi.

 

America’s Decline into Idiocy



No comments:

Post a Comment