Friday, June 30, 2023

Thursday, June 29, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:45pm, got up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:45am.

I upgraded our room at Athenian Riviera Hotel & Suites to a Classic Double with Extra Bedroom for the 2 nights for an extra 22 Euros which is about $24.

I met Marcos at Parva at 9am for coffee for about an hour. He assured me there will be no problem finding ATMs in Europe to withdraw Euros. And it sounds like the electric plug adapter is all I need for converting from 110V to 220V. I stayed another 30 minutes or so then decided I’d better return to the apt to continue work on our vacation. (I stopped in Eduardo Madrid and bought a sleeve of 6 sesame seed bagels for 16,800 pesos ($4).)

I changed our September 11th to 12th reservation near the airport from St. Thomas Bed & Breakfast to Helen (9.6) with a noon-1pm check-in and 6am check-out and reserve a taxi to take us to the airport.

I showed Teresa the trailer for Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (7.0) and she wants to see it. The next showtime is at 6pm. I mentioned that today is the premiere and I don’t know how crowded it will be but the weekends are guaranteed to be busy.

About 4:30 she suggested we see the movie. I told her I could go early and buy tickets and she wouldn’t have to leave the apt until 5:30. If I had any problem with it being too crowded, I could buy tickets for tomorrow night. She then decided that tomorrow night would be better anyway.

I took a Didi to the mall and stopped first at La Sasteria where I dropped off my already altered pants and the other pair. I asked the chica to make the new pair 1 centimeter longer. Then I tried to impress her by telling her that there are 2.54 centimeters to an inch. She didn’t understand so I showed her one side of her measuring tape in inches and the other in centimeters and marked off an inch and showed her the centimeter side and it was about 2 ½ centimeters. She still didn’t understand. Well, so much for trying to impress her with my mathematics knowledge. I understand my pants will be ready for pickup Tuesday afternoon for 11mil ($2.75).

I stopped at Auros and had my Helen hotel and taxi confirmations printed.

In Cine Colombia there was no crowd and I bought 2 preferred seats to tomorrow’s 6pm showtime for 40,200 pesos ($10).

I easily found a small table in Urbania. I ordered a latte, a slice of carrot cake, and a glass of ice water. The waiter brought me a small latte and I commented how small it was but then said, “no preocupes”.



A few minutes later he brought me a tiny latte and told me it was complimentary.



I had a laugh over that and thanked him very much.

Later I ordered another small latte to finish my carrot cake.

I went through the confirmations I had just printed and realized something was lacking in both.

I left about 6:15 and paid 30,156 pesos, including tip, for my carrot cake and lattes.

I stopped upstairs in the Totto store where I found a few backpacks. The business one I thought would fit my laptop is 15.4” diagonal for 329,900 pesos ($80). It has a hidden pocket, a rain cover, a latch for hooking the backpack to wheeled luggage and other niceties.

I bought a large carton of eggs in Exito before returning to the apt by taxi.

Back at the apt I measured my notebook and I think I may need 17” diagonal.

I found confirmation that we can enter Helen between noon and 1pm and corrected the taxi pickup from noon/midnight to 6am. I created a screen print of those confirmations and copied them to my USB for printing.

Tomorrow I’m going to start paying the July bills and I just realized I never received an epm bill for June.

 

America’s Decline into Idiocy



No comments:

Post a Comment