Thursday, June 22, 2023

Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:30pm, got up once during the night, again at 5:15am, did my Kegel exercises, fell back asleep, finally getting up at 6:30am.

Today is the 1st day of spring, at least in the northern hemisphere.

I completed my usual workout at Smartfit from about 9:15 to 10am.

Lots of communication between Teresa, Laura and I. Bottom line is Laura is going to gift her engagement and wedding rings to Teresa when we see her in Greece. There’s more to the story but nothing I can repeat now. 

I left the apt about 2pm and took a Didi to the mall. I first inquired at the Western Union outside Exito if I could pay my Tigo/Une bill there but they directed me to their 2nd floor location. I took the back way and was surprised to see people seated inside. I took a number from the turn machine, B22, and they were serving 18. It took about half an hour for my turn to come up and I had no problem paying the Tigo/Une bill. The guy then looked up my Direct TV account and said I had to pay 304,200 pesos, double the 152,100 I was expecting. #1. I don’t know why I would have to pay for 2 months #2. I didn’t have that much cash with me and I didn’t bring my debit card.

I went downstairs and had a latte in Urbania. I checked some of my travel notes and exchanged texts with Laura. It looks like she’ll be joining us for the Greece part of our trip. I’ve determined that each place we’re staying has a hair dryer so the ladies don’t need to bring one. Also, all of the places were staying have room for a 3rd person except the most expensive, Athenian Riviera Hotel & Suites which it looks like we can upgrade for about $60 or so. Also, our last full day there, Monday September 11th to Tuesday, September 12th at St. Thomas Bed & Breakfast we would need to upgrade to a different room but Laura may be leaving the day before so that may not be necessary.

I contacted Marcos about coffee tomorrow but unfortunately his doctor says he has to rest his foot.

I returned to the apt by taxi.

I gave Teresa the bad news about our Direct TV bill but she called them and they said I only owe  the usual 152,100 pesos so I’ll try again tomorrow.

Teresa had a massage from 4pm to 5pm.

I messed up my opening with the Black pieces against Troyclough and now I’m fighting for a draw.

 

America’s Decline into Idiocy



No comments:

Post a Comment