Friday, June 2, 2023

Thursday, June 1, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:30, got up several times during the night (every 2 hours?), finally waking/getting up at 6:45.

The street is wet so obviously we had some rain overnight which probably explains why I got up in the middle of the night and put a blanket over my sheet.

My nasal congestion seems to have lessened this morning.

I took a Didi and arrived at Daniel’s at 9am for my haircut. He has a 2nd chair installed now but explained he’s still searching for a barber.

I took another Didi to Todo Drogas where I bought my “medications” (including vitamins and supplements) for the month for 431,500 pesos ($98). I tried paying with my Capital One debit card but again got declined. I switched to my Charles Schwab card and was able to complete the purchase. My most expensive item is the Citicolina I buy for brain support which are 136,000 pesos ($31) each.

This is what Chuck’s Mart looks like across the street.



I walked to a tienda naturista where I purchased bottles of Omega 3 and Magnesium for 83,400 pesos ($19).

Next door was a “dollar store” where I saw clothes hangers. The lady said they are 6,000 pesos, 7,000 pesos or 8,000 pesos depending on the thickness you want. I bought a pack of 10 for 6,000 pesos because I only need them for t-shirts or a light pair of pants.

I walked a block away to Exito where I bought a small carton of Gallinas Felices eggs.

I walked to Parva where I had a latte for 8,500 pesos.

I checked my Capital One app from my cellphone and found: Current Balance $1524.12, Available Balance $24.12. So, obviously my transfer has yet to become available.

Teresa asked me to stop at Ara and buy broccoli. I told her I only have 2 hands and their full.

I left at 11:30 and returned to the apt.

I logged into my Capital One account and it shows “Deposits on Hold +$1,500.00”. I’ll have to track it daily so see how long it takes to become available.

Well, it’s been 10 days since I’ve had any Badia tea and so far my constipation hasn’t returned. 😊

Jimmy received the keys I sent him by FedEx.

Teresa had a massage from 5:30 to 6:30.

It looks like I can file a Delayed Bag reimbursement request online with American Airlines. Tomorrow I’ll have Auros copy my paperwork to my USB drive.

 

America’s Decline into Idiocy



No comments:

Post a Comment