Saturday, June 3, 2023

Friday, June 2, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:45, got up once during the night at 2:30, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

Teresa informed me she’s going to visit her friend in her finca in San Peregrino (sp?) on Sunday.

I checked the Capital One app on my cellphone and found: Current Balance $1524.12, Available Balance $274.12. So, my transfer appears to slowly becoming available? That should be a large enough balance to make a small cash withdrawal so I’ll know the card works here with ATMs.

I left the apt just after 9am and walked to the mall. I waited about 20 minutes for my turn at Auros to have my AA documents scanned to my USB drive. I picked up a Gente newspaper and went upstairs to the gym.

I completed my workout in the usual 45 minutes. At one point when using a seated leg curl machine the guy before me started speaking English. I mentioned I have a ligament or tendon problem on top of my right knee and he said he has the same problem when he gets up in the morning. After my workout I went to the showers and the floor was covered in suds and a woman was cleaning the 2nd stall. She came out and asked me something and I said “quero ducharme”. She didn’t seem to understand me but the guy in the 1st stall stepped out and said, “she’s going to clean the stall and then you can use it”. A couple minutes later she finished and I entered in my workout shorts and underwear.

After my shower I went down to the 2nd floor where I made a small withdrawal with my new Capital One debit card. 😊 (After I make a successful store purchase, I’ll move my remaining cash in Charles Schwab and close that account.)

Down another floor I had a latte with a glass of water in Urbania.

About 11:15 I left and bought 2 bags of milk in Exito and waited about 20 minutes in an unusually slow line for the ‘10 items or less’ checkout.

I returned to the apt by taxi.

At 12:30 Teresa called and asked me to put the defrosted ground beef in the refrigerator and meet her at Asados Rogelio at 1:30 for lunch.

I left the apt at 1:20 and took the only available table, a 2-seater. Teresa arrived 10 minutes later and insisted we move to another table which had come available. We both ordered chicken breast but they were out so we switched to pork. The total bill was about 58mil ($13) and I took out a 100mil bill I received earlier today. Teresa took it and gave me a 50mil bill as she said she’s going to Ara to buy some groceries.

Teresa left for Ara and I walked around the corner to Eduardo Madrid de Panes. I ordered a latte and asked to speak to the baker that speaks English. I thought it would be the old (same age as me) guy from before but it was a 30-something man. His name was Eduardo so maybe he’s the owner. I handed him the recipe for Annette’s banana bread and asked if he could make it for me. He was a little myopic but he managed to see the recipe and said, “sure”. I told him the secret is to use bananas as old as possible. I wrote down my name and phone number and he’ll call me when they’re ready. I returned to the apt.

This afternoon Jimmy received the car keys I sent him by FedEx.

I tried to install one of the corner guards on a corner of the bed but the 2-sided tape that was included didn’t stick. Super Glue didn’t either. I was able to easily screw it on using 2 screws I had in my toolbox. I’ll get to the others later.

At 5:40 we had a downpour but it only lasted about 20 minutes.

I suggested we order from Mu and Teresa agreed. (Because I switched sim cards my Mu and Chiclayo Whatsapp threads got a little mixed up. I asked Laura what number she had for Chiclayo and googled Mu and got everything straightened out.) I placed our usual order for a large order of ribs which comes with fries for 110mil ($25.50).

I was only going to eat one rib but I accidentally poured too much BBQ sauce (liquid gold) on my plate so I had to clean it up with another rib. 😊 And half the fries with a small Coke.

 

America’s Decline into Idiocy



No comments:

Post a Comment