Friday, June 23, 2023

Thursday, June 22, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:30pm, got up twice during the night, again at 4am, did my Kegel exercises, couldn’t fall back asleep, got up at 4:30, took an allergy pill, worked some on the computer, returned to bed at 5:15, finally fell back asleep, getting up at 7:30am.

Newly opening in Cine Colombia, Viva Envigado today is Jennifer Lawrence starring in Hazem el Favor aka Do Me the Favor aka No Hard Feelings (6.9), running 1 hour and 43 minutes, playing at 1:20pm, 4:10pm, 6:40pm, and 9:15pm.

I left the apt about 9:30 and walked 3 blocks to the $efecty booth in the Servientrega store where I had no problem paying 152,100 pesos for our Direct TV account. I walked a block further where I had a latte in Canella for an hour or so before returning to the apt.

I watched a couple more episodes of The Americans.

I watched some news about the Oceangate submersible implosion.

Teresa and I left the apt just before 6pm and took a Didi to the mall. I added 100,000 pesos to my Cine Colombia card, bought 2 preferred tickets to No Hard Feelings (6.9) for 35,800 pesos ($8.50) and we still had a 30-minute wait until the 6:40 showtime. We sat at the last available table for a bit, I made a last run to the restroom, and we got in a concession line. I wanted my usual smallest popcorn with salt but Teresa wanted popcorn with sugar so I ordered a small popcorn half and half. I’ve seen them put a divider in the container to separate them but maybe that’s just with the large size because they put the salty on the bottom and the sugary on top. We each got a small soda and Teresa also got a hotdog for a total of 14,275 pesos ($3.50). In our seats I checked my Runpee app for the best time to make a trip to the restroom but I ended up not needing to. At one point in the movie Jennifer Lawrence had a nude scene on a beach but I missed most of it because Teresa’s phone, which I had in my fanny pack, received a call and I was trying to figure out how to turn off her phone. (Mine was turned off and also stored in my fanny pack.) Anyway, JL is too good an actress for such a stupid movie. (The only other name in the movie was Matthew Broderick.) I made another trip to the restroom and as I was washing my hands a woman came out of the first stall and left. (The way they have the restrooms laid out can be a little confusing.)

We returned to the apt by taxi.

 

America’s Decline into Idiocy



No comments:

Post a Comment