Monday, June 5, 2023

Sunday, June 4, 2023

 Last night I went to bed at 9:30, got up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:45.

I logged into my Capital One account and still only have $100.50 available balance. I’ll continuing tracking this to see how long it takes for the remainder to become available.

I left at 8:30 and Teresa, I’m sure, left a few minutes later for her friend’s fina in San Peregrino (sp?).

I took a bus and got off across from Parque Poblado. I stopped in AMP Chocolate (Calle 9 #43A-45) and talked to Ana Maria about English toffee. I gave her a piece of my Cora Lee toffee and she said it was delicious. She said she could make it for me if I want to order it. Her number is +57 321 687-8949. I thanked her and told her I’ll consider it.

I met Glenn, with Bianca, as he was arriving at Sweet Georgia at 9am. I told him about my adventures in, and getting to and from, Chicago last week. He couldn’t believe the breakfast I had in the diner was only $7. He said that would cost him $25 at his diner in New York. I exchanged the paperback I didn’t read for Paula Hawkins’ Into The Water. I hope it’s better than Girl on the Train. Glenn said maybe the reason it’s taking so long for me transfer cash from USAA to Capital One is because the latter is a new account.

We shared a taxi back to Envigado.

I got out across from Mercado Madrid where I bought 2 small boxes of our favorite brand of eggs.

I had to complete the Delayed Baggage Claim twice more before I was able to submit it. I got an email confirmation so I think I’m good.

For lunch I tried their 2-patty burger at Tierra Querida. I again asked if they had ketchup and when I got the expected “no” I told them, “Then no fries”. Maybe, in time, they’ll figure out that they can sell more fries if they have ketchup. The 2-patty burger was too big, next time I’ll settle for the single patty.

Next door at Animal Cocina I ran into a gringo fireman from Boston I met years ago, before the pandemic even. His name is Mark and his wife’s name is Dawn. They’re retired here now with their 3 kids and are enjoying Envigado.

I had a small latte in Los Porteños for a couple hours before returning to the apt.

Teresa returned at 5:30.

I watched more episodes of The American until about 8pm when the buffering got too bad. (I can’t believe this old computer term has become mainstream.)

 

America’s Decline into Idiocy



No comments:

Post a Comment