Thursday, June 1, 2023

Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 2am, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

I still have quite a bit of nasal congestion this morning.

Teresa was looking for a bag of milk that I guess she knew she had. She finally found it in the freezer. 😊 She put it in a large container of warm water but then found the bag had a tear and would leak. She took it out of the bag and put it in a small pot and put it on the stove to defrost.

I completed my gym routine from about 9:15 to 10am. While there I saw a man with a ginger beard. I approached him and said, “I’ll bet you’re not Colombian”. He said, “you’re right”. I asked if he was from England and he replied, “South Africa”. Interesting. I’ll bet his ancestors were from England. To be continued as I’m sure I’ll run into him again.

I left the apt about 1:30 and took a Didi to Viva Envigado. I recycled a plastic pill bottle then printed 2 additional copies of Annie’s Famous Banana Bread Recipe on card stock at Auros. (I don’t think I mentioned they were giving them out at the wake.)

At the nearby Davivienda I tried to make a withdrawal using my new Capital One debit card but received the message, “RECHAZADA POR FONDOS INSUFICIENTES”. I sat down and translated that to “rejected due to insufficient funds”. Does that mean I don’t have sufficient funds in my account or the ATM doesn’t have sufficient funds?

I went upstairs and tried again and got the same error message. I then switched to my Charles Schwab card and this time was able to make my withdrawal. That explains that although I should have had a sufficient balance in Capital One to cover that withdrawal.

I paid the apt rental, the gym fee, and my health insurance fee and went downstairs to Urbania. I sent a screenshot of my apt payment but for the health insurance payment I couldn’t find Natalia’s phone number in Whatsapp or my Contacts. (Yesterday I received an ad from Mu about some rice dish but when I went to order from Chiclayo I saw my prior conversations under the Mu Whataspp account. I think switching sim cards somehow caused some problems.)

I went up to the 3rd floor where I found the new Pergamino café open.







The unusual thing is if you zoom in on the 2nd photo in the background you can see stadium seating with people working on their laptops. A quick check and most of the people were working on laptops with a single cup of coffee in front of them. The restaurants not going to make any money that way.





I stopped in Exito and bought 2 bags of milk but they didn’t have the brand of eggs we like, Gallinas Felices. Maybe the farm ran out of happy chickens?

I returned to the apt by taxi.

Teresa has a massage scheduled for 5:30.

Capital One sent me 2 emails (one for each withdrawal attempt) that I have insufficient funds in my account. (That shouldn’t be true.) I tried logging in from the email and it said they’re having trouble with their web login but I can use their app. I installed the Capital One Mobile app and used their wireless contact, or whatever it’s called, to verify my identity. It says my balance is only $24.11 and I know I transferred $2000 into this account a couple weeks ago. Then I was able to log into my account. Correction, that $2000 transfer was to Charles Schwab because I was having difficulty logging into Capital One.

Whoa. I just received a text from my brother. He returned home (an hour outside Chicago) at midnight last night but went to the emergency room at 2am with fever, chills, sweating, and coughing. He has Covid and is on Paxlovid and has to stay home for the next 5 days.

Kelly finally arrived for Teresa’s massage a few minutes after 6pm.

I successfully transferred $1500 from my USAA account to my Capital One account.

Teresa used the last packet of Badia tea on Tuesday. I’ll probably go Saturday to get more. She wants to go with me so she can buy salmon. She said, “they’ll give a gringo an old piece but she’ll be sure they give her a fresh piece”.

 

America’s Decline into Idiocy



No comments:

Post a Comment