Monday, June 12, 2023

Sunday, June 11, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10:15, got up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:15.

Teresa and I left the apt about 8:30 and took a Didi to Azai Natura in Poblado (Carrera 37A #7-78). We started with a latte while we perused their large tri-fold menu. I ordered their large acai bowl



 and Teresa ordered what looked like a salad because I could see pieces of chicken and lettuce.



The yogurt in my bowl was still slightly frozen so I took my time eating it. She complained her meal was like eating lunch; well, she ordered it! She said we’re not coming back here again. 😊 The total bill came to 102,850 pesos ($25) including 10% tip.

I ordered another Didi to take us to El Tesoro mall. We arrived about 10:30 but the stores don’t open until 11am on Sundays.

We walked around window shopping until the stores opened. We found a couple possible dresses but always one of us didn’t like something about them. The only dress I thought might be acceptable she deemed too expensive. The greenish blue one on the right.




We each had a couple lattes and shared a cream cheese croissant in Valentina bakery for 32,450 pesos.

I stopped in Decathlon where I bought another pair of Quechua pants for 115,000 pesos ($27.50). (Now I can change pants every 10 days.) The cashier just touched my card to the top of the reader, I entered my pin# and it spat out my receipt.  ðŸ˜Š

I asked Teresa if she knew where there is a travel store in Medellin. No. I asked her to ask her friends.

She reminded me she wants a neck pillow for our flights. I reminded her she’ll have to carry it around Europe.

I stopped in House of Samsonite where I found a small cool backpack which should hold my laptop plus some other stuff for 239,900 pesos ($54.50). She told me we could find it cheaper elsewhere. Her cheapness might be the end of me.

We did some more shopping but didn’t find anything.

We returned to the apt by taxi.

I asked Marcos if they were given pillows and blankets on their long-haul flight and he confirmed they did.

Teresa talked to Daniela and I understood she has Vicky’s car and she’s coming over tonight. Later Teresa changed her story and now Daniela’s going to pick us up tomorrow morning at 8am and we’re going to spend the day in (HOT) Santafe de Antioquia.

 

America’s Decline into Idiocy



No comments:

Post a Comment