Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Monday, June 19, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once during the night, again around 6am, did my Kegel exercises, fell back asleep, finally waking/getting up at 8am.

Today is another holiday, Sagrado Corazon (Sacred Heart).

I completed my usual routine in Smartfit and noted a number of exercises where I will be increasing the weight in 2 weeks. On the seated leg curl machine I didn’t feel any discomfort over my right knee which means either I’m subconsciously cheating by letting my left leg do most of the work or my tendon/ligament is getting used to the movement. I also didn’t notice any leaking today so that’s another good thing.

Just found out the cruise I thought was leaving from the port Pireaus is leaving from a port named Lavrio which is 48 kilometers away. I’ll be changing our room reservation for Wednesday, September 6th thru Friday, September 8th to something closer.

About 2pm (it was 84 degrees on our balcony) I put on my new (bought months ago) H&M stretch shorts with a sleeveless t-shirt and walked to Los PorteƱos where I had a latte and completed a few chess puzzles. I felt much more comfortable the way I was dressed; I think that might be my new afternoon uniform until we hit the rainy season again.  Often I am the only one at this restaurant in the afternoon but because today is a holiday they were quite busy. At one point I saw a small bird land in front of a door entrance next to me. It looked like a dove and since it didn’t move from there I figured it was a baby. A man came, caught it and put it on a branch of a tree. When I left, I took this quick photo of it



but when it hopped to a different branch further from me I figured it was best to leave it alone.

I returned to the apt and Teresa informed me that Kelly didn’t show up.

Online I booked a haircut with Daniel for Saturday, July 1st at 9am.

I requested Booking.com to cancel my Wednesday, September 6th to Friday, September 8th reservation at Athina Apartments in the Piraeus port area.

I don’t know what I did but I don’t see any of my yahoo emails on my laptop, only my cellphone.

I ordered a fancy set of cookware from Jeannie & Jacob’s registry for their wedding gift, but forgot to sign the card.

 

America’s Decline into Idiocy



No comments:

Post a Comment