Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:45pm, got up once during the night, again at 3:30, couldn’t fall back asleep, got up at 4am, returned to bed at 4:45, finally waking/getting up at 6:30.

I left the apt at 7:45 and walked to the mall. I recycled a couple items then took a seat in Al Alma café. I had their French toast with caramelized bananas and strawberries. With a couple lattes and the tip the check came to 46,800 pesos ($11.50).



Jose soon called me so I headed upstairs. I hadn’t even finished getting things set up when he arrived.

I had the Black pieces in the first game and I got a strong attack and checkmated him in 40 moves.

Breakfast was all sugar and carbohydrates with no protein so I went and bought a large cold bottle of water (sin gas) for 6,900 pesos ($1.70).

I had the White pieces in the 2nd game and he resigned on the 43rd move in the endgame.

I went to Pergamino café and there were no table available (most everyone was working on a laptop). I ordered a granolada with yogurt and chia and a latte for 37,476 pesos ($9) including tip. I got lucky and found this spot on the other side of their counter.



Not much of a view though. 😊

I see today Chicago has the worst weather in the world due to fires blowing down from Canada.

I went into H&M where I found 2 of the 4 shirts that I have then holding for me in Arkadia mall.

I forgot to bring my receipt with me so I didn’t pick up my pants from the sasteria.

I bought milk, sugar, and a pack of large tortillas in Exito before returning to the apt by taxi.

Teresa texted me several times that she was still in Santafe mall with her friend Vicky.

About 7:30 I was walking out the door as Teresa came in. I took a Didi to Arkadia and after waiting in line for about 15 minutes I bought the 4 shirts for 305,900 pesos ($75). Outside I quickly caught a taxi back to the apt.

Teresa checked out my shirts and found 2 large ink stains on one of them. She said I should have no problem exchanging it in Viva Envigado’s H&M.

 

 

America’s Decline into Idiocy



 

No comments:

Post a Comment