Sunday, June 4, 2023

Saturday, June 3, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:45, got up once during the night at 2:15, finally waking/getting up at 6:30.

After breakfast I had a nap of about an hour.

Teresa and I left at 10:15 and took a Didi to Mayorista. I directed the driver to the same fish stores that Marcos and I went to. Teresa looked them over and told me she wanted her fish fresher and we should go to Amazonas. I remember the restaurant but not the fish store. She asked me if I remember where it is and I walked her the 2 blocks to El Amazonas.



She led me inside to their fish store where she bought a large piece of salmon for 126,080 pesos ($29) that I paid for with my new Capital One debit card.



She informed me she would like a bowl of fish soup so we took a table outside and she had that and I had a PiƱa Colada without alcohol.


Very tasty!

The check came to 22,000 pesos ($5). I paid cash and we walked a block away to the Badia store.

I bought 10 boxes of chamomile tea and Teresa picked up a bottle of Mojo marinador (I think it’s a fish marinade) for 122,510 pesos ($28) and I paid for it with my Capital One debit card. It’s nice to know my new card works without a hitch. Now I can xfer my cash from Charles Schwab and close that account.

Outside Euro we caught a dilapidated taxi back to the apt for 8mil.

We had a thunderstorm come through in the afternoon but with little rain.

I watched a couple more episodes of The Americans (8.4) but the buffering was really bad. I think this happens weekdays after 5pm and weekends when lots of others are eating up the bandwidth.

I filled out a Delayed Baggage reimbursement request with American Airlines. It errored out because the phone number I used started with +57 and it said numbers only. I changed it to my MagicJack number and submitted it again and this time it said the captcha didn’t match but there was no way to reenter it so I’ll have to start over another day.

Well, at the end of the day looking back, I had some nasal congestion early in the day followed by a runny nose but I’m hoping this isn’t going to be another 2-to-3-week problem.

 

America’s Decline into Idiocy



No comments:

Post a Comment