Monday, June 19, 2023

Sunday, June 18, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:30, got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:15.

Today is Father’s Day!

Teresa and I left the apt at 8:15 and took a Didi to Hija Mia Nomada. Teresa had some kind of eggs on bread and I had their Acai bowl. I explained some things to her about our trip to Europe, but she doesn’t seem to care what choice I make about our cruise cabin, leaving it up to me.

Jeff Mullen challenged me to 4 games on Chess.com and I won them all within 12 to 21 moves.

We took another Didi to El Tesoro mall where she looked for more clothes for our trip to Europe. She found a dress in Zara for 499,800 pesos ($120) that we both liked. She showed me this purse and told me the “buttons” you see on it are what she wanted to purchase in El Huceo.



We had lunch in J&C Delicias. This is Teresa sitting at our Father’s Day table:



She shopped some more but we couldn’t agree on anything.

We left at 3pm and returned to the apt by taxi.

We left again at 4pm and took a Didi to the mall. I bought 2 preferred tickets to La Historia de una Mujer aka The Story of My Wife (6.3) for 35mil ($8). (Only 13 more movies this year and I qualify for the Platinum Card next year. 😊) I bought their smallest popcorn combo (look how they overfill it)



The theater was pretty packed which surprised me a little but it was a weekend and Father’s Day. The movie was 2 hours and 50 minutes long and I was a little surprised when Teresa volunteered that she liked it. I had a little problem when they spoke what sounded a little like German but later I saw the original title is in Hungarian. At least the Spanish subtitles helped me out. I was surprised I was able to sit through 3+ hours without a trip to the restroom. I even drank most of a small Coke.

Looks like we’ll have some good movies coming up in each of the next few weeks.

Outside the mall here was a long line for taxis but the line went pretty fast.

 

America’s Decline into Idiocy



No comments:

Post a Comment