Thursday, June 8, 2023

Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:30, got up once at 4:15am, finally waking/getting up at 6:45.

My transfer of funds from Charles Schwab to USAA has been completed. Now to formally close out my CS account.

I completed my usual workout at Smartfit.

On my return to the apt I saw a red squirrel running towards me with something in its mouth. My immediate thought was that it didn’t look edible.  I stopped moving and it ran right in front of me, up a tree and onto a roof. I think that was probably nesting material.

Teresa returned at 11am after her gym workout followed by a trip to Ara next door. She returned with 2 bags of groceries.

I chatted with a rep from Charles Schwab and they officially closed my account.

Michael resigned on the 20th move as I was going to checkmate him in 2 more moves.

For lunch Teresa made ground beef fajitas with and lettuce and tomato slices. She had the first tortilla warmed up when I then tried to open a jar of Mexican salsa. I couldn’t even get it open with makeshift mitts I have to get me a better grip. I then remembered a trick (I think then now call it a hack) I saw on the internet. I took the end of the handle of a small spoon and forced it under the edge of the lid to break the suction then it was easy to open it with my bare hands. 😊

I had coffee in Los Porteños for a couple hours. As I sat down next door at the restaurant Emmilia they were removing tape from a 5’ glass fence they had just installed. I would rather have the fresh air or at least they should have put up something lower like 4’.




 A guy came by and I bought a bag of ripe strawberries for 20mil. I paid too much but at least I made sure the strawberries were ripe.

I bought a bag of potatoes in Ara on my way back to the apt.

The guy who rents our parking space stopped by and gave me 90mil for the month of June.

On the 28th move Troyclough blundered his queen and immediately resigned increasing my rating to 1603.

Teresa was supposed to have a massage but Kelly never showed.

I watched a couple more episodes of The Americans.

 

America’s Decline into Idiocy



1 comment:

  1. Terry, thank you for the hack on opening those bloody jars. I took one to the store I bought it from. The manager, about 35 years old, could not open it. But a VERY strong man did with some effort on his part did.
    Jack Williams

    ReplyDelete