Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Monday, June 26, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:45pm, got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 7am. The streets are wet so we must have had some rain overnight.

It’s a dark, overcast morning. Not a day I would like to venture out in but I must go to the gym.

Jose called and notified me he and his wife are going to a breakfast at 9am tomorrow in Poblado but after he’ll join me for chess in Viva Envigado.

I completed my usual workout in about 40 minutes. On the seated leg curl machine I concentrated on using my right leg and I did feel a stab of pain on the first couple reps.

Teresa and I left the apt at 11am and took a Didi to Clinica Las Americas where she picked up one of her monthly medications. While I waited for her I had a latte in De Lolita café.



When Teresa came out about an hour later she had a latte also.

I explained to her I need some cooler shorts. I have many pairs but only 2 in my current size and they are too heavy for Greece.

We went next door to Arkadia mall where we had lunch in Crepes & Waffles




Wow, across the street I see they are installing solar panels on the roof of Pricesmart.



Notice the guy moving in the upper left corner.

We went into Falabella where I found a few pairs of light shorts but Teresa thought they would be less expensive in H&M. (By the way, I was unable to find the price on them.)

In H&M we found 3 pairs of light shorts and 4 light short-sleeve shirts. At the cashier, the total came to something like 620,000 pesos and I only had 400,000 on me and I didn’t bring my debit card. (For reasons I would rather not explain we’re going to be using cash for the next few months.) I bought the 3 pairs of shorts for 314,000 pesos ($76) and they will hold the shirts under my name until end of day tomorrow.

We returned to the apt by taxi.

Teresa got a massage from Kelly so I had a latte in Los Porteños for a couple hours.

When I returned I tried on the shorts and they seemed to fit fine. Tomorrow after chess I’ll check H&M to see if they have the same shirts or maybe something better.

My correspondence chess nemesis, Troyclough, wrote that he may take his wife to Cartagena next week and do I have any suggestions? I asked him for his email address.

 

America’s Decline into Idiocy



 

No comments:

Post a Comment