Friday, June 9, 2023

Thursday, June 8, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:30, got up twice during the night (we had some rain), finally waking/getting up at 6:45.

For breakfast I had blueberry pancakes topped with strawberries. 😊

Teresa informed me she wants me to take her to Azai Nature for breakfast Sunday. It took a while to figure out the name from her pronunciation of ah-say-ee. I texted Glenn I won’t be joining him for breakfast Sunday.

I left the apt about 8:45 and walked to Parva where I found this sign posted on their (closed) door:




It appears they are closed, for some undetermined time, for remodeling.

I quickly texted Marcos that Parva was closed and we should meet at Los Porteños. When I got a table there, I texted him the café’s address so there wouldn’t be any question as to where it was.  I had a latte and left at 10:15 when I hadn’t heard from him. (I hope he didn’t have a health emergency; Last night, I even sent him a reminder of our meeting today.)

I bought 2 bags of milk on my way back to the apt.

I went to the Swanson Vitamin website to buy a couple bottles of Calendula Flower capsules and for some reason they limit the purchase to one bottle! The price was $6.49+$5.99 shipping +$0.42 tax for a total of $12.90. I chatted with a rep and asked, “why is there a limit of 1 on the purchase of Calendula Flower capsules?”

There would be a limit 1 for all products if viewing the site from South America, Central America, or the Caribbean.  

I can’t even order 2?

Not if your IP address is showing form any of the areas I mentioned. If you have someone in the US that could place the order, that would be fine as an alternative.

I went ahead with the order just to see if they work as well as my Piping Rock capsules.

I checked Amazon and found another brand called Tribe Pot Marigold but these are 800mg, twice what I’ve been taking and just ordered. Maybe I can just take one once  each day. I bought two bottles of 120 capsules for $50.99 plus Free Global Shipping. This order is to be delivered direct to my Colombian address so we’ll see.

Marcos just called. He went to Parva and found it closed but waited there for quite some time and he didn’t have his cellphone with him. We’re going to try again tomorrow at Los Porteños at 2pm.

I left the apt about 1:30, stopped in the garage and picked up my Skil power driver and took a Didi to the mall. In Home Center I saw the same girl that was working there the other day. When it was my turn, I demonstrated how I couldn’t open the chuck (I think that’s what it’s called) on the power drill. I gave her the receipt for my purchase and she had a difficult time reading it because it is faded so much. (That’s why Colombians usually make a copy of their receipts.) I turned on my cellphone flashlight to help her then switched to the flashlight plus magnifying glass. She eventually got all the info she needed from it and I gave her my business card with my name, cellphone number, and address. She called someone and another young man showed up and plugged in the drill and showed that it works but he couldn’t open it either. (If he had I would have felt a little silly.) I was told to come back Saturday when someone is supposed to be here but I said I couldn’t in the morning because I know Teresa wants us to do something together. I told her I would return some other Saturday. I went inside and after some searching found a package of #8 x 3/4” wood screws for the corner guards for less than $1.

It was sometime around this time I noticed it was raining outside.

I went to Urbania where I had a latte at the only remaining spot on a large shared table. I left about 4:15 and returned to the apt by taxi.

We had rain most of the evening.

I watched a couple more episodes of The Americans.

I started looking at a 2+ hour Youtube video on the basics of my chess software, ChessBase 16.

A portero stopped by and dropped off our utility bill of 336mil ($80.50).

The rain stopped just before we went to bed.

 

America’s Decline into Idiocy



No comments:

Post a Comment