Sunday, June 25, 2023

Saturday, June 24, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:30pm, got up once during the night, waking/getting up at 7:15. Teresa asked me if I heard the downpour last night. I told her I didn’t remember until she reminded me that I got up and unplugged the television.

Teresa wants to go to El Complex Centro Commercial to look for a dress for the wedding so we’re back where we were 2 weeks ago when I waited all day for us to go.

I understand the mall doesn’t open until 10am. She wants us to pick up her mother first so she can go with us. I said, “fine” but then her mother didn’t answer Teresa’s calls.

I went to Eduardo Madrid, had a latte, bought the 2 loaves of preordered banana bread for 32mil, and returned to the apt.

Teresa and I left just before noon and took a Didi to El Complex Los Balsos mall in Poblado. We wandered around a bit looking at dress stores (most were dresses for rent) but Teresa didn’t find anything she liked.

We had a tasty lunch in Valentina bakery. We shared a chicken sandwich with a bowl of beet soup and she had a latte and I a coconut lemonade for a total of 77,137 pesos ($19) including tip.



I made plans to meet Jose on Tuesday for chess.

I made plans to meet Glenn tomorrow morning for breakfast in Olivenza in Sao Paolo mall at 9am.

We returned to the apt about 2pm by Didi.

In Los PorteƱos I had a large latte while going over some chess notes. We had some strong lightning and a short shower and I started feeling a little cool in my shorts and sleeveless t-shirt. I left about 4:30 and returned to the apt.

Teresa made plans to go to Santafe mall with her mother, who was supposed to be getting ready, but now she doesn’t answer her phone. Many times Wilson will return to the apt from work but MT doesn’t answer the door and he can’t get in with his keys because she left hers in the lock from the other side. In that case he either stays with Martha or sleeps on the stairs outside the apt.

 

America’s Decline into Idiocy



No comments:

Post a Comment