Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Monday, June 12, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:45, got up once during the night, finally waking at 5:30 and getting up at 6am.

On the Chess.com channel a young lady was trying to solve an easy crossword puzzle. I enrolled in Twitter in order to help her.

I received an email from Charles Schwab that they have completed my account closure request.

Since I was going to miss a gym day, I did a few exercises with my 7# dumbbell.

Teresa and I left at 8am and met Daniela (Vicky’s daughter) and Amelia (Daniela’s daughter) outside the porteria. We first stopped at a Texaco station where she filled up for 123,490 ($29.54). I paid for the toll to use the tunnel for 18,100 pesos. Five minutes the other side of the tunnel we stopped for breakfast at Parador Rancho Alegre which is our usual stop for almojabanas. I hadn’t had breakfast so I had calentao with scrambled eggs and a cafĂ© con leche. I surprised myself by finishing it all, except the arepa with cheese that comes with it.



The highway is much improved over the 2-lane road we had a few years ago.



Daniela parked next to the little church and it was only a short block to Hosteria de la Plaza Menor



We took spots next to the smaller and more private pool.

Amelia is about 9 years old and I gave her some tips on swimming. She can only swim about 6-10 feet but it’s nice she isn’t afraid of the water.

For lunch I ordered the cazuela and I wasn't exactly thrilled with it.



I found the water inlet on one side of the pool and wondered if there was one on the other side. Yikes! It’s a vacuum which almost swallowed my hand. Dangerous! I mentioned this to another couple there (they spoke English) and they were aware and warry of it too. Later, another couple arrived and at one point I saw the woman in the shallow end clutching her stomach. I understood she experienced it in not a nice way.

About 6pm I paid the bills of 163,600 ($39.20) which strangely was billed to Mariposas y Suenos (Butterflies and dreams). Pretty cheap for 3 ½ people.

I suggested we go for ice cream so we dropped off our stuff in the trunk of the car and I led them to the heladoria next to the church. They moved the ice cream station from the atrium to closer to the front. I inquired about one flavor and was told it was brownie. We took seats outside that were very stuffy. Teresa called a guy to our table and I ordered a cone with one scoop of brownie but was told they didn’t have it. The ladies wanted waffle and they didn’t have that either.

I obviously got a little burned on my front today; I had spf cream with me, I just didn’t use it because I was only in the pool, not trying to tan myself.

We left and Daniela led us a block away to La Colonia which had a nice indoor patio with a nice breeze (helped by a couple of nearby fans). I had an oreo malt


the others had Belgium waffles and Teresa loved hers with arequipe and ice cream. Teresa and I also shared a bottle of water. I paid the bill of 79,200 pesos ($19).

It was a chore getting them all out of the restaurant (not sure who they were talking too).

We returned to Medellin, again I paid the tunnel fare of 18,100 pesos. Daniela dropped us off at a church by Avenida 80 and Calle 33 and asked us to order an Uber. Something about her having a 9:30 class tomorrow morning. I didn’t care for that. I ordered a Didi and it took about 15 minutes to arrive. We finally arrived back to the apt by 10pm. The entire day cost me a little over $100 which isn’t too bad considering there were four of us.

 

America’s Decline into Idiocy



No comments:

Post a Comment