Saturday, March 14, 2020

Friday, March 13, 2020




Last night I went to bed at 10:30 and slept through the night until being awakened at 6am by that little barking dog.  I closed the windows and turned on the fan but couldn’t get back to sleep so I got up at 7am.


Teresa had a 7:30am doctor’s appointment but I understand she will be cancelling it.


Among today’s US movie releases I would like to see The Hunt (6.1).  Locally, there isn’t anything I want to see.


On the news today they had a chart on the myths and realities of Covid-19.


I received an email from Smartfit that I hadn’t paid the monthly fee.  (I know I did.)


Teresa told me the last 2 doctor’s appointments she took MT to she forgot to bring her medical records.


Teresa informed me that it might be best if we skipped gym for today.


I understand Laura lost her childcare job for the next 3 months.  I’m not sure what she’s going to do next, especially since she has another cold.  I suggested she check Craigslist.com.


I watched the first hour of the Today show then left the apt for the gym.  I talked to Andres, the manager, about the email.  I showed him the receipt for my bank deposit and suggested that I hadn’t paid the 89mil annual maintenance fee.  He agreed so the problem was misstated in the email.  I told Andres that I would deposit 178mil into my account shortly.  (Btw, there didn’t appear to be as many people in the gym as usual.)


I walked to the copy center next to Aymara where I printed some information for my doctor’s appointment.


At Parva I solved a few chess puzzles while having a café con leche.  In the hour or so I was there only one other person came in.  Not so good for business.


At 11:30 I returned to the apt.


Btw, the last few days I have noticed a few people walking by wearing masks.


I read that there are currently 13 cases of the virus in Colombia: 5 in Bogota, 4 in Medellin, 2 in Neiva, 1 in Cartagena, and 1 in Buga.  In Neiva its 64-year-old and 74-year-old sisters.  No deaths as yet.


Italy has postponed their bicycle race – “tour de Italia”?


Teresa heard the avocado guy’s call from the street so she called the portero and had the guy bring a ripe avocado to our door for 4 mil.

"The grim reality is that, for the elderly, Covid-19 is almost a perfect killing machine," American Health Care Association President Mark Parkinson told CNN this week.


I packed up the laptop and mouse into its case but the fan and headphones wouldn’t fit inside.  I moved my notebook computer to the desk and Teresa was very happy.  The new spot is still warm but at least my notebook doesn’t send out the heat that my laptop did.


Teresa and I rested from 2:30 to 3:30.


I left the apt at 3:30 and there was a 15-minute wait for a taxi at the guardhouse.  While waiting I saw Juan Castro walk by and we waver to each other.  I arrived at El Tesoro by 4pm.  The smallest bills I had with me were 12mil (plus a little change) but the taxi fare was almost 13mil.  The driver said he would go for change but he returned about 5 minutes later without any.  He accepted the 12,600 pesos I had with me.  I wanted to make copies of a couple of my medicl records but I figured I might have trouble getting change for a 10 so first I went to O’Cake where I had a café con leche for 4,900 pesos.  At 4:30 I went into the copy center and made my copies for 600 pesos.  


I went up to Juan Carlos Castaño’s office in Torre Medica (consultorio 1338) arriving at the requested 4:40.  I thought I would have paper work to fill out but the receptionist merely asked me for my basic personal information.


At 5:15 I went into the doctor’s office.


He gave me something like an ultrasound and among other things I learned: my kidneys are free of tumors and lesions; my prostate is only slightly enlarged at 20.7cc when a normal prostate is 20cc or smaller; I should stop taking the Dutasteride and go back to simply Tamsulosin; and I should keep taking my GNC supplements.  I should return in 6 months after another PSA reading and he wrote an order for the blood test.


I left about 30 minutes later.


At the taxi stand I took number 45 and they were on number 12.  I called Teresa and explained I was out but there would be a delay in returning to the apt.  Not to mention it was also raining.


I returned to the apt by 6:45.


6,531 steps today.


Joke of the day

Two bees ran into each other.

The first bee asked the other how things were going.

"Really bad," said the second bee.

"The weather has been really wet and damp and there aren't any flowers or pollen, so I can't make any honey."

"No problem," said the first bee.

"Just fly down five blocks and turn left. Keep going until you see all the cars. There's a Bar Mitzvah going on and there are all kinds of fresh flowers and fruit."

"Thanks for the tip," said the second bee, and he flew away.

A few hours later, the two bees ran into each other again.

The first bee asked, "How'd it go?"

"Great!" said the second bee. "It was everything you said it would be."

"Uh, what's that thing on your head?" asked the first bee.

"That's my yarmulke," said the second bee.

"I didn't want them to think I was a wasp."

No comments:

Post a Comment