Sunday, March 1, 2020

Saturday, February 29, 2020

Last night I went to bed at 10:30pm, got up once during the night, finally waking at 6 and getting up at 6:30am.

I noticed my watch says March 1st; I’ll wait until tomorrow to see if I can correct it myself.


I left the at 8am with a tight back even after taking half an Excedrin Migraine.  It was overcast with an expected high of 83 degrees.  I walked downtown and was delighted to see Carbon de Leña was open.  Why were they closed?  Did they remodel something?  Are the ceiling fans new?  I had my usual breakfast for 9,500 pesos and tipped my favorite waitress 5mil.


My back had loosened up by the time I left.


I walked across the street where I bought 2 large plastic envelopes for Teresa to keep her doctor’s notes.


In Bancolombia I had a 10 minute wait to see a cashier.  We both forgot the prefix (300) that goes before my cedula number.  She looked it up in her notes and I also had to partially fill out their financial form again.  Fifteen minutes later I had paid my bills with a little cash left over.


I walked to Todo Drogas where I picked up my medicines and vitamins for the month.


I took an Envigado bus to Envios Market where I picked up the one envelope waiting for me, a political solicitation from Mark Kelly, my bad for sending him a small donation.  Now they have my address I guess I can expect more junk mail from them.


I took an Envigado bus back to Envigado and walked to Parva where I had a café con leche while catching up on the news on my cellphone.


It was starting to warm up a little when I left, stopping at Exito to pick up some special soap for Teresa.


With the exception of recharging its battery, I spent most of the day fixing my notebook files and studying ChessBase.  I managed to move all my folders to the D: drive except Jokes, Blogs, and Chess.


Late in the afternoon Direct TV went off for a few seconds and had to reinitialize itself.  A little later I realized we lost our internet until later in the evening.


10,315 steps today.

Joke of the day

Hilarious responses to public notices:

Public notice: Prices have increased on high added sugar drinks due to the new government sugar tax.
Response: So why has Coke Zero gone up?

No comments:

Post a Comment