Thursday, June 25, 2020

Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Self-isolation Day 99.

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly and got up once about 1:15. The alarm went off at 5am but Teresa didn’t get up until 5:30. I gave up getting back to sleep and got up at 5:45. We will probably be taking naps later.

Last night I played 4 games on Chess.com, winning 3 and losing 1 but one of the games I was definitely losing and I won on time.

Teresa left at 6am and returned at 7:15. I understand she got a blood test at eps.

I left the apt at 8am and, with my back feeling good, I increased my pace and walked over to Aymará and then through the little park. Crossing Avenida Poblado I observed a man chasing a young man from the Colanta store across the church area with what looked like a horse whip. When he turned back the young man threw a rock at him but didn’t come close. By the time I was a block down a side street several workers had exited the store and were slowly moving in the direction of the action.

I stopped at Exito where I picked up milk and a bag of sugar and I was back at the apt by 8:40.

Teresa left again at 9:15 for a clinic in Poblado.

 

While Teresa was out I took advantage of the situation and gave myself a haircut and beard/mustache trim. I think this was my 3rd self haircut and I think I did better than last time.

Teresa returned at 12:30 and I understand she had a thyroid check and everything looks normal.

 

Yesterday, President Trump doubled down on his comments that he wants to slow down COVID-19 testing, saying "I don't kid." Trump blames expanded testing for the uptick in confirmed infections we're seeing across dozens of US states, but Dr. Anthony Fauci – who testified on the Hill yesterday – says 'that's not it.' And that more testing doesn't explain the higher percentage of positive results. He said that in the coming weeks, the US will actually be doing "more testing, not less" to get a handle on outbreaks in states like Florida, Texas, and Arizona.

 

We took a nap in the afternoon – 2 hours for Teresa and 60-90 minutes for me.

Teresa beat me in parcheesi today. I can’t remember the score, something like 4-1 and overall she’s ahead 37 to 31.

 

A Trump replay from March 27th: Trump used the Defense Production Act for the first time to compel General Motors to produce ventilators, promising to make 100,000 ventilators in 100 days.


The US has 2,304,256 ð 2,352,968  ð 2,387,335 coronavirus cases with 120,128 ð 121,100 ð 121,833 deaths. (Brazil reported more than 32,000 new cases on Wednesday, the most in the world, and the United States was second, with more than 25,000.)

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 71,183 ð 73,572  ð 77,113 cases with 2,491 deaths.  Medellin has 1,278 ð 1,332 ð 1,409 cases, an increase of 77 from June 23rd to 24th. Colombia’s rolling 6-day average of new cases is still on the increase, Medellin included. Envigado has a total of 68 cases, an increase of 3 from June 22nd To June 24th.

 

Joke of the day

BILL CLINTON'S JEWISH MOTHER:
"At least Monica was a nice Jewish girl!"


No comments:

Post a Comment