Monday, April 24, 2023

Sunday, April 23, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 7:30.

We left just after 10am, walked to Ayurá station and took the metro to the Exposiciones station. Downstairs we went across the street to a Tienda D1 where Teresa bought 2 Cokes and a package of plantain chips. Back across the street was a bus leaving for La Ceja so we took it. I think the trip was about an hour and 20 minutes and cost 20mil total for the 2 of us. When we got off it was a long 3-block walk to the town square. Pretty typical with a church at one end, a few restaurants along the side, and vendors selling their wares at small booths.

Teresa asked a couple people for a good place to have lunch and it was at the other end of the square. I wanted to sit on the balcony so I led her upstairs. Turns out it was a different restaurant called La Reserva with no customers. I went through the menu while Teresa was talking to the waiter/bus boy/bartender. I saw enchiladas on the menu and told Teresa I wanted to have lunch here. I ordered the chicken enchiladas and a mango juice and Teresa ordered salmon Thailandia. A few people came in and took seats on the balcony and ordered drinks. Unfortunately, my enchiladas were cold and dry. I guess they couldn’t have been too bad since I finished them.




After we finished eating I asked to see the menu for dessert. They had helado frito (fried ice cream) so I wanted to try it. Teresa wasn’t interested – too much fat – but I ordered it to share anyway. When it arrived Teresa tried the ice cream, declared it wasn’t too sweet, and helped me finish it.




The total check was 110,000 pesos ($25), including 10% tip. I took some photos of the restaurant and realized it was half Mexican and half Asian.





We walked around the town square a while and found what may be the only café, called Un Café.




We hung around there for an hour watching the people come and go then Teresa asked for directions to the bus station. It was about 4 blocks away and looked like a smaller version of Medellin’s Terminal Sur. We bought 2 tickets for 22,500 pesos and got on the bus. I think it was about a 90 minute ride back to Medellin. We got off a block from the Exposiciones station and returned to Ayura by metro. Downstairs we took a taxi back to our apt.

 

tRump’s Arrest



 

No comments:

Post a Comment