Saturday, April 27, 2013

Saturday, April 27th, 2013




Today is the last day of the NFL draft. The selections for Rounds 4-7 begin today at 11am.  The Chicago Bears have a pick in Rounds 4-6 - #117, #153, and #188.

I had another rough night.  This time it was heartburn soon after I went to bed.  I took 2 Tums but they didn’t solve the problem completely.  An hour or so later I took 1 more and after a while was finally able to get to sleep.  Then I slept through until 6:30am when I was wakened by something that sounded like drilling.  I got up but the “drilling” didn’t continue.

Reina and I are still wheeling & dealing: I get 3 of the large curtains and the small curtains in the laundry room and Reina gets the pink blinds in the master bedroom.  Instead of removing the blinds I’m going to give her 36mil and she can buy her own blinds.

10:30 Reina and Dylan left for her mother’s house.  She may or may not come back tonight.  She prepared a little food for me for lunch and dinner.  We are out of milk.  I wonder if I could use my coffee creamer as a substitute for milk to make French toast.  Oops, that won’t work as we’re also out of bread.  The one thing I’m most worried about is I’m almost out of coffee.  I know I have enough for tomorrow maybe even Monday but that’s it.

12:10 With the 117th pick in Round 4, the Chicago Bears selected 6’1” 241# linebacker Khaseem Greene from Rutgers – Grade 78.80.

Lunch was 1 sausage with rice and a large bowl of frijoles (beans) and a glass of water.  (Maybe that’s why Reina went to her mother’s house – because there isn’t enough food here for 3 people.)

1:10 went to Laureles Mall with my iPad.  I’m going to play chess while I wait for the bears to make their next draft picks.

The Chicago Bears traded their 153rd pick in Round 5 to Atlanta for the 163rd pick in Round 5 and the 236th pick in Round 7.

With the 163rd pick in Round 5, the Chicago Bears selected 6’5” 316# offensive tackle Jordan Mills from Louisiana Tech – Grade 67.00.

With the 188th pick in Round 6, the Chicago Bears selected 6’4” 265# linebacker Cornelius Washington from Georgia – Grade 69.40.

I came back about 3:30, boy was Laureles Mall busy.  There weren’t many tables to spare.  I cut through Exito on the way back and it was real busy also.  Besides the usual weekend shoppers they were having some special exhibits for children.

With the 236th pick in Round 7, the Chicago Bears selected 6’2” 194# wide receiver Marques Wilson from Washington State – Grade 67.30.

6pm I got an email from Reina.  Terris EstaNoche I sleep hello to my mother back home tomorrow to angel looks ok take care your morning lunch beans and a sausage for you ok bye good night thanks Terris

After decoding it I think she’s trying to tell me that she’s staying at her Mother’s tonight and tomorrow she’ll make beans and sausage for my lunch.  So I guess I’ll be making myself some an egg or two for breakfast.

7:30pm and it sounds like there’s a street party going on outside.  I can see at least a dozen teenage boys running around the street.  By 8pm they were gone.

I gave up reading Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen after about 200 pages.  Trying to understand the old English was beginning to feel too much like a homework assignment.  Lol.  Now I’ve started The Complete Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle - still on my iPad. It's over 5,000 pages

long so it should keep me busy for some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment