Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Monday, June 6th, 2016



Today is the 72nd anniversary of D-Day!

Today’s another holiday here in Colombia but again I don’t know what it is.

Around noon Teresa received a phone call from Wilson.  I understood “grandmother” and “heart attack”.  Teresa then asked me if it would be difficult for me to go to New Jersey to bring back her mother.  Well, let’s see.  She doesn’t speak English, my Spanish is minimal, and I’m not family, so yes, I could see some problems there.  I also don’t know if she’s on the verge of dying, would survive the flight to Colombia, if the airlines would allow her on a flight in whatever condition she’s in, etc.  After talking it over a bit it seems the best idea would be for her daughter Nydia who lives in Miami with her gringo husband to go to NJ and bring her to Colombia.

While Teresa was trading phone calls with who knows who, I went to Frisby and picked up a whole chicken for the 3 of us to have for lunch – plus extra chicken for the ladies to have tonight for dinner.

We started watching Now You See Me (7.3) but it was too slow for her so we switched to Man on Fire (6.0).

T-shirt of the day: Never again.  Until the next time.

2 comments: