Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Monday, March 4, 2019


Teresa left early (7am) for the gym.

I got up at 7:30 and left the apt at 9:40.  I arrived in downtown Envigado early enough that I had time to exchange paperbacks at the bookstore.

I met Teresa at Nueva eps at 10:15 for my 10:40 appointment.  We paid 3,200 pesos and my turn was called at 10:55.

For my back the doctor prescribed 3 75mg 3ml injections of Diclofenaco Sódico in my butt (over the next 2 days).  Diclofenac is used to relieve pain, swelling (inflammation), and joint stiffness caused by arthritis. Reducing these symptoms helps you do more of your normal daily activities. This medication is known as a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID).  Also muscle relaxant tablets (750mg metacarbamol) 3 times a day that I already have.

For my cold he didn’t recommend anything (being a virus there isn’t much that can be done).

He also took my blood pressure and it was 120/80.

When we left we went down the block to a pharmacy office and we took number 360 and they were serving 286.  Teresa talked to someone else waiting in line and we soon left and went next door where we purchased 3 hypodermic needles and vials for 8,000 pesos.  We went into the back and I laid down and he gave me a shot in my butt.  I have to return the next 2 days for the other two.

Teresa was hungry so we had lunch at Bartolos for 13mil each.

We took a taxi back to the apt and I vegged out for the remainder of the day.

I texted Jose that I won’t be meeting him for chess tomorrow because I have to get my injection and I’m meeting a Canadian named Mario Bruyere tomorrow for coffee in El Poblado.

4,099 steps today – a little improvement.

Joke of the day
A blonde woman was speeding down the road in her little red sports car and was pulled over by a female police officer, who was also a blonde.
The officer asked to see the lady's driver's license. She dug through her purse and was getting progressively more agitated.
"What does it look like?" she finally asked.
The policewoman replied, "It's square and it has your picture on it."
The driver finally found a mirror in her purse, looked at it and handed it to the policewoman. "Here it is," she said.
The officer looked at the mirror, then handed it back saying, "Okay, you can go. I didn't realize you were a cop."

No comments:

Post a Comment