Saturday, March 30, 2019

Friday, March 29, 2019


I guess I was really tired last night because it seemed the second my head hit the pillow I was asleep.

I remember waking up once to rain during the night.  I woke up at 7am and got up at 7:30.

Among new US movie releases there isn’t anything I want to see.  Locally, the only thing I’m interested in seeing is Five Feet Apart (7.1) playing today at 4pm.

I had a bowl of cereal, watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and left for the gym.  I bought a Q’Hubo newspaper at the corner.  I completed all my exercises in an hour and 30 minutes.  My hamstrings have been great with almost no “creaking”.  Next week it’s time to start adding some more weight to a few of my exercises.

Back at the apt Teresa called and asked me to meet her at La Bahia for lunch.  I told her I would be there as soon as I took my shower.  I took my metal platinum Cine Colombia bucket with me.  When I got to La Bahia MT was there also and they had already finished eating.  After I finished my lunch we went across the street to the mall where Teresa found a light jacket for 229,950 ($75) in Nike that she bought for wearing after the gym.  We killed about 90 minutes then they left and I went to Cine Colombia.

I bought a ticket to Five Feet Apart for 12,500.  A young lady there spoke perfect English and explained some Platinum Card benefits to me.  (Though born in England she lived in Fort Lauderdale and Miami for a few years.)  We can use their Platinum room before or after movies.  They have a special menu which includes sushi (not for me), burgers, hot dogs and Panini sandwiches.  They also have their own condiment counter so we won’t have to wait in the long lines outside.  And in theaters 4 & 5 you can have food delivered to your seat.

I bought a small soda and they filled to overflowing my platinum bucket with popcorn for free.

After the movie, just as the credits were starting, Teresa called and asked me to meet her at the entrance to her mother’s apt.  I was there in 10 minutes and we walked back to our apt.

Teresa went to bed real early – 9:15 – but I managed to hold on until 10:30.

10,837 steps today.

Joke of the day
There was a blonde who found herself sitting next to a Lawyer on an airplane. The lawyer just kept bugging the blonde wanting her to play a game of intelligence. Finally, the lawyer offered her 10 to 1 odds, and said every time the blonde could not answer one of his questions, she owed him $5, but every time he could not answer hers, he'd give her $50.00. The lawyer figured he could not lose, and the blonde reluctantly accepted.
The lawyer first asked, "What is the distance between the Earth and the nearest star?"
Without saying a word the blonde handed him $5.  Then the blonde asked, "What goes up a hill with 3 legs and comes back down the hill with 4 legs?"
Well, the lawyer looked puzzled. He took several hours, looking up everything he could on his laptop and even placing numerous air-to-ground phone calls trying to find the answer. Finally, angry and frustrated, he gave up and paid the blonde $50.00
The blonde put the $50 into her purse without comment, but the lawyer insisted, "What is the answer to your question?"
Without saying a word, the blonde handed him $5.

No comments:

Post a Comment