Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Monday, January 18, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 1:45am, woke up about 5:30, catnapped until I got up at 6:15.

2 more days of the Trump presidency.

I have an ongoing game with Mr_Blamo that is now up to 67 moves. He has a rook, knight, and pawn and I only have my queen. I just keep checking his king hoping to get a draw but I don’t mind his persistence as he’s never beaten me and this may be his best chance.

One of my blog readers asked, “I am curious, what percentage of Teresa' clothing purchases do you think she returns. It seems shopping/returning is her hobby. “Isn’t it every woman’s hobby?” I think she returns about 80% of her purchases. More accurately, she exchanges them mostly because, clothes at least, she seldom tries things on in the store waiting until she gets home.

I left the apt at 8am and walked the back streets arriving at Marcos’ apt at 8:18. We walked to Parque Envigado where he withdrew cash from an ATM and bought 3 cigarette lighters. We returned to La Buena Mesa where we found Parva had not yet opened so we stopped for coffee at Los Portenos. I told him about my problem with my apt payments and he told me about his problem getting his TV rehung on his wall. I returned to the apt by 9:30.

Juan Cardona texted to thank me for referring Juan Carlos for English lessons with him.

I started new correspondence games and my opponents are from Canada (1268), Nigeria (1317) and Lithuania (1466).

I found a Marcos Lemonis program called Streets of Dreams on CNBC.

I finally forced a draw in my game against Michael lowering my rating to 1443 but he still hasn’t beaten me. I have a total of 6 games going on right now.

Teresa returned at 12:30. She said she had coffee with her friend in Viva Envigado. So much for pico y cedula.

I won another short game against Mr_Blamo and my rating is now 1446.

I want to change my Direct TV account from Platinum to Basic. I kept the phone number of a young man that speaks English that helped me a couple years ago with my account. I texted him and he responded that he still works for them. (He also said that the office is currently closed because of the pandemic.) I made the request but its unclear as to whether he can make the change himself or if Teresa (the account is in her name) has to call their office at 604 4111.

At 4:30 the sun was encroaching on my desk. A few minutes later the sun hit the edge of my computer before going behind the building across the street so I don’t believe there will be a problem sitting in the sun.

Teresa beat me in parcheesi today 2 games to 1.

I watched a couple more episodes of The Last Kingdom.

On the evening news they listed the names of dozens of Colombian doctors that have lost their life to Covid-19.

 

The US has 23,721,328 ð 23,877,477 ð 24,091,135 coronavirus cases with 394,300+ ð 396,500+ ð 398,600+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 1,891,034 ð 1,908,413 ð 1,923,132 cases with 48,256 ð 48,631 ð 49,004 deaths. Medellin has 167,631 ð 168,895 ð 170,159 cases (not sure why that count didn’t change), an increase of 1,375 from January to 17th to 18th. Envigado has a total of 15,587 cases, an increase of 106 from January 17th to 18th.

 

Joke of the day

A guy gets hit by a bus and finds himself in front of iron gates. Confused he asks where he is. "Hell," said the devil "but before you get overly concerned, it's not as bad as you think it is..."

"What?" said the guy, starting to panic. "How can that be, I'm a good person, this can't be right, it can't be!"

"Calm down," said the devil, "the rules for going upstairs are a lot stricter than people realize - and besides, like I said before, it's really not that bad here."

Unconvinced, the guy prepared to object but the devil cut him off.

"Let me give you an example," he said, "what's today? Monday, right? Yes, Monday. Do you gamble?"

"I gamble a little bit," said the guy, "I play poker with my friends every now and then and always have a bet on the big horse races."

"Perfect," said the devil, "then you're going to LOVE Mondays, Monday is our gambling day. In the morning we play blackjack and roulette, at lunch we bet on the horses, in the afternoon we bet on sports games and at night we play cards. It's really a lot of fun, you're going to LOVE Mondays"

"That does sound ok," said the guy, "but if it's all the same to you I want to talk to the man upstairs and see..."

"Do you drink?" the devil interrupted.

"Sure," said the guy, "everyone likes a drink every now and then."

"Perfect," said the devil, "then you're going to LOVE Tuesdays, Tuesday is our drinking day. We wake up, have breakfast with amazing Bloody Marys that takes us to an early lunch where we have pizza and beer then drink beer and whiskey all afternoon until dinner time where we have the best wines, followed by port and cognac. A very popular day, you're going to LOVE Tuesdays."

"That does sound pretty good," said the guy, "but..."

"Do you ever do drugs?" said the devil.

"I smoke pot every now and then," said the guy.

"Perfect," said the devil, "then you're going to LOVE Wednesdays, Wednesday is our drug day. Probably our most popular day to be honest. We start off nice and easy with the finest hash, then move on to coke as a nice pick me up, then we go out and do ecstasy and dance and have a great time then we wind the day down with some top-notch heroin. And don't worry about the dangers because you're already dead! Yes, you're going to LOVE Wednesdays"

"Actually, that sounds great," says the guy

"Perfect," said the devil, "are you gay?"

"No, I'm not gay," said the guy.

"Oh," said the devil, "then you're not going to like Thursdays."

No comments:

Post a Comment