Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Monday, May 9, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night at 4:30, and woke/got up at 7am.

Since my plan was to go to this Monday chess meetup




I had a light lunch of soup so I could leave on time for the 1pm meetup.

Even though the weather prediction was threatening



I left the apt at 1pm. I just missed a Sabaneta bus and it was about another 15 minutes for the next one. It took the same detour and by the time it returned to Avenida Poblado it was starting to rain. By the time we got to the Gold Mile it was a downpour with some hail and it was difficult to see where we were because the windows were fogged up. I stood up in the aisle near the exit and at the next stop the street looked like a running river. A man said something to the driver; I didn’t understand a word but I’m sure it was “get us closer to the curb so we don’t have to step in up to our ankles”. I got off with him and found myself by Davivienda bank. I went into Parmessano for coffee even though I was already soaked from just below the knees down. I called Teresa and told her I was going to try to get back. Ten minutes later I handed a waiter 10mil for my coffee and headed outside. The downpour had lessened considerably and I was able to cross the street. I quickly caught a taxi (lucky me) that took me all the way to the apt. My shoes, socks and bottom of my pants were soaked so I got out of them as quickly as possible and into something warmer. I’ll try for Chess Monday another week.

The irony is the rain stopped shortly after I returned to the apt and we didn’t have any more the remainder of the afternoon. It was all a case of bad timing.

Later, Teresa showed me a video on her cellphone of a flooded San Diego mall.

I checked Charles Schwab and the $500 transfer is there. 😊 Now to do a test withdrawal using the debit card if I can figure out where I put it. I found it after a 10-minute search.

We had a light shower early in the evening, enough to wet the streets.

 

 

Funny pix of the day




No comments:

Post a Comment