Saturday, November 18, 2023

Friday, November 17, 2023

 Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up just before 7am.

I left the apt at 8:45 and completed my workout in Smartfit. It’s more difficult when you’ve skipped a few days.

Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes (7.2) opened here with lots of showtimes. We’re planning on seeing it today at 4:50pm.

I lost a game to Troyclough dropping my rating to 1560.

This is a painting my half-sister Cyd in Wisconsin just finished:



Teresa wanted me to ask at the “library” building next to Otra Parte if they have a yoga class tomorrow. I left the apt at 1:30 and was told there will be a class at 8:30 and that Teresa should bring her own yoga mat.

I had a latte for 7mil on their “library” patio for the first time


while I completed another hour of chess tactics study.

Not a bad spot but right next to Ave Poblado and its noisiness.


I received this from Danny at Na Pizza:



I left at 3pm and returned to the apt. I changed clothes and took a Didi to the mall. I bought 2 preferred tickets to Hunger Games for 49,600 pesos ($12). Not sure why they were so expensive, weekend?, night? Premier?. (I only need 3 more movies to qualify for next year’s platinum card.) I stopped in Exito and bought 2 packages of microwave butter popcorn for my next 2 Bears games. Upstairs I bought a small BBQ sandwich at Only Roastbeef and stuffed it in my tech bag. On my way to Frisby I ran into Jerry who promised we’ll meet for coffee soon. In Frisby I ordered their half fried chicken for Teresa. While waiting I ordered a Didi to bring her to the mall. I went downstairs to Cine Colombia and Teresa arrived about 10 minutes later.

There was no line at concessions and I bought a bottle of water for Teresa and a small soda for me. We arrived in the theater 10 minutes early and we were the only ones there (couldn’t see how many people were in the upper level) until about 10 minutes into the movie when a group of people took the row behind us. The movie started with a girl (female star) singing and I asked myself if this is going to be a musical. After about her fifth song later in the movie I googled her and her name is Rachel Zegler, she’s an American actress and singer from New Jersey and her father is American and her mother Colombian. An hour into the movie I made a trip to the restroom and bought a Cine Combito at the concession stand.

The movie itself was only so-so, not something I would really recommend, and Teresa was bored partially because it’s over 2 hours long.

Outside in a light drizzle, we got in a slow (30 minutes) medium long line for a taxi back to the apt. Just before we stepped out of the car the rain turned into a downpour so I put up my umbrella.

 

CHOOSING A CHILDFREE LIFE



1 comment:

  1. Terry, your sister's painting is very good. Does she sell her work?
    Jack Williams

    ReplyDelete