Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Monday, November 20, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 1am (rain had stopped), again at 5am, tried to fall back asleep, finally giving/getting up at 7am. So maybe I did sleep for those 2 hours just not deeply?

I left the apt at 8:45 and I ran into Matt on the way to the gym. He teaches English (probably the King’s English) online to Colombian children. His wife is a graphic designer.

I completed my usual workout but seemed to need to take more time to catch my breath after each exercise.

I’ve also come to a realization. My weak wrists (ankles too), not my biceps, are limiting me on the arm curl machine. Next week, on a new line in my notebook, I’m going to lower the weight so I can do more reps.

On the way back to the apt I ran into Marcos dragging one of those portable grocery carts. He reminded me we’ll meet for coffee on Thursday and exchange books.

Back at the apt my feet and ankles were sore. I think it may be time to go back to taking Joint Support.

I forgot to mention that Teresa caught me last night. She was cleaning the master bathroom and noticed the lightbulb hanging from the ceiling. I got the usual lecture that we’re living in someone else’ apartment.

Before I took my shower, I turned off the circuit breakers for both bathrooms (can’t depend on each circuit breaker being exclusively wired to each individual bathroom), pulled down the wires, removed the old electrical tape, removed the old bulb wiring, wired the new bulb set, wrapped it with new electrical tape, pushed the wires back up, and added (somewhat) the hardware which should hold it up in the ceiling. Turned the circuit breakers back on and the light is pretty bright for such a small space. We’ll see how long it take for Teresa to notice.

I wasn’t feeling very well so I kept putting off lunch (my favorite, ground beef fajitas). Eventually Teresa suggested I go to the guest bedroom (darker and quieter) and I slept from 1:30 to 3pm.

I ordered 2 containers of Joint Support from Arazo Nutrition for $51.90, with free shipping. That should be enough to last me for about a year.

I challenged Howex to another game but so far he hasn’t accepted.

Glenn invited us to have Thanksgiving dinner at his apt. I understand he ordered meals from Alepan and it’s for 2 people and since he hasn’t much of an appetite these days he wouldn’t be eating much anyway. I discussed it with Teresa and we accepted.

I alerted Jose to the fact that I’m not feeling well today and he should check his messages tomorrow before he leaves for Unicentro.

It was 8:45pm when I heard Teresa say, “chevere” (cool). She called me an electrician and asked if I could replace the light in her bathroom. 😊

I went to bed at 9pm.

 

CHOOSING A CHILD FREE LIFE



No comments:

Post a Comment