Sunday, November 19, 2023

Saturday, November 18, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:30.

I had a breakfast of croissant with scrambled eggs and a latte in Los Porteños then moved to Otra Parte. The library patio wasn’t open (later Teresa told me that’s where the yoga class was) so I moved to the Otra Parte café where I had a latte while completing another hour of chess tactics. (Their coffee isn’t very good, not sure if it’s their brand of coffee, their machine or their barrister.) Teresa came out by 10am but wasn’t interested in coffee after I gave her my opinion of it. She left right away to make lunch and I left about 11am.

It was around noon when Teresa received a call then notified me there was a package at the porteria for me. I went down and retrieved my new book The Amateur’s Mind: Turning Chess Misconceptions into Chess Mastery that arrived 3 days early.

I was going to order Modern Chess Openings, 16th edition but found the 15th edition as a pdf which I downloaded.

I ordered Simon Williams’ The Killer Dutch Rebooted from Amazon for $38.66 (free with my gift card) estimated to arrive here on Friday, December 1st.

Teresa showed me this Greek restaurant she found with her cellphone and wanted to try:


Only problem, when I googled it, it’s in Spain. 😊

We left the apt at 3pm and took a Didi to the new Pricesmart in Poblado.

While Teresa went for some vegetables, I made a trip to the restroom. Here’s your Colombian quiz. What’s unusual about this photo?



Answer below.

We checked out their non-food area and found some interesting things like suitcase combos and those mattresses that unroll to full size when you open the package. The main things I got for myself was a backup Canadian maple syrup and a medium-sized bottle of ketchup. The main thing we missed is there was no turkey breast, only full-sized turkeys and hams.

We checked out and the total came to 985,683 pesos ($242).

We were on the moving sidewalk with our grocery cart when one of my shoelaces got stuck at the end. I couldn’t back up to remove it until I let go of the railing that kept moving me forward.

We had about a 15-minute wait for a taxi to return us to our apt.

A downpour started at 5:30 but stopped just before I went to bed.

One of my blog readers asked if my half-sister sells her paintings. Yes, just google CJ Conner Art Studio to see more.

The problem with the toilet photo is in Colombia public places not only do you often find toilet seats missing but you almost never see a toilet seat cover.

 

CHOOSING A CHILDFREE LIFE




No comments:

Post a Comment