Monday, November 27, 2023

Sunday, November 26, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 4:15, again at 6:30, finally waking/getting up by alarm at 7:30.

Teresa’s going to El Tesoro. My plan for today is breakfast with Glenn, see Napolean in the afternoon, and catch the end of the Arizona game after that.

We’ll see how my stomach reacts this morning at breakfast.

I met Glenn with Bianca at Olivenza at 9am. His hernia surgery is scheduled for next Sunday, exact time and location TBD. (It’s his eye surgery that will be in a month.) He’s going to drop Bianca off at a pet daycare for a few days so it will be like a vacation for her. He suggested I buy a used iPad instead of a Kindle, but I’m not sure. I only had 1 latte today (seemed a little stronger than usual but was okay with ½ a packet of sugar), a glass of water and their calentao with scrambled eggs and a dinner roll. So, I probably won’t see Glenn next Sunday due to his surgery.

When I returned to the apt the door was open and Teresa was in the kitchen with a portero. Near as I can understand a hose from the hot water heater broke (exploded using Teresa’s word) so tomorrow she’ll have to go to the agency to see if we can get someone to replace it. (The other hoses are just as old so my opinion would be to replace all of them.)

I understand Adriana is going to pick Teresa up to go to El Tesoro.

My new chess book covers an opening, the Dutch Defense, that I occasionally use when I’m playing the Black pieces. The problem is the book shows all the chess diagrams from the White viewpoint. I fired off an angry letter to the publisher, Everyman Chess, complaining about their blunder.

I left at 12:15 and took a Didi to the mall. I recycled a few items then bought a preferred IMAX ticket to Napolean for 21,700 pesos ($5.35).

I killed a few minutes until 1:45 then went upstairs and bought a small Only Roastbeef sandwich for 20,100 pesos ($5) and stuffed it in my tech bag. I forgot to allow for the fact it was Sunday so they were a little busy. Back downstairs I bought a Cine Combito and took my seat; I managed to finish my sandwich before the lights went off. At approximately the 1 hour mark I made a trip to the restroom. After I returned, I accidentally bumped my tray which sent most of my popcorn to the floor. Sigh!

The movie was interesting but nothing special. Lots of fighting but you often didn’t know who was fighting whom.

When I left, I made an ATM withdrawal before returning to the apt by taxi.

I was lying on the recliner when I thought I smelled a skunk.

Teresa returned at 8:45pm.

I went through my usual pre-sleep routine of reading, this time studying my chessbook.

 

CHOOSING A CHILDFREE LIFE



No comments:

Post a Comment